Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thinking your way out of a bad trip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had 3 or 4 bad trips, only one i was able to control and "think my way out of it". I just told myself i didnt give a fuck about anything and then it stopped lol.

Anyone else had a bad experience they've managed to salvage themselves from?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    once after eating a large doses of dried mushys i was freaking out in my mates garden everytime i saw his sisters. once they left though all was good again, looking back at it though is funny so maybe it wasnt really a bad trip, i dont really believe in bad trips
    mm dried mushrooms do seem to have quite a kick
    I always sketch myself out by worrying about having a bad trip when im tripping out. When I started using drugs I thought about it to much and now it always comes up. Ill be sitting down, someone will say something that jogs my memory and then I start thinking of and then seeing bad things. Its not nice but I can control it now. I just move so I cant see whatevers bad as soon as i see it and focus on funny things like how when I look at a certain person their face looks like a cartoon or whatever. If I keep going back to the bad stuff I give myself a mission like going to find my something trippy to look at and as soon as Im distracted its completely fine. So yeah I can controle my bad trips too, only to an extent though, obviously if im properly tripping out I cant stop it, I just try not to let myself get to that stage.
    Just try to think that it's only a drug and will wear off eventually, although sometimes that is easier said than done.

A couple of years ago while on a bad trip at a festival i just went away from everyone i knew and walked around the campsite for a couple of hours, eventually it began to calm down, after that i ate an e and the bad trip was well and truly gone.
    yea just reassure yourself that its just a drug

theres nothin worse than a bad trip tho, gettin stuck in thinking loops and shit lol, crazy stuff

a few diazepam would defo go down a treat if things are getting out of hand, and a bit of weed could potentially help depending on your tolerance/what way you smoke it (ie i dont smoke it often now, so it would just add to the bad trip for me, whereas before when i smoked it frequently it would have calmed me a bit and took the edge off it)