Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Deleting attachements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hi, I have been trying to delete attachments from my account but the user CP apparently has a problem, because the square on the right hand of each attachement that you tick for it to be deleted isn't there at all. Since I can't tick them I can't delete them :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey, I will look into this for you - but in the meantime, feel free to PM me the threads with attachments you want to get rid of and I'll delete them for you.
    :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think it might still be possible for yourself to delete them, if you go to the post they're in and edit it. But that's not convenient if you want to delete them all I guess.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have the same thing actually. 10 attachments between 03/04 which i have no options for at all. I can click the link to them but through the attachments option on user cp no options to do anything with them.

I eventually gave up trying to delete them as I kind of thought it was just meant to be that way. Hm...
    edn1 wrote: »
    I have the same thing actually. 10 attachments between 03/04 which i have no options for at all. I can click the link to them but through the attachments option on user cp no options to do anything with them.

I eventually gave up trying to delete them as I kind of thought it was just meant to be that way. Hm...

Are the threads closed?
    I think they are - I just checked mine and I can delete them all except for the ones in Photo Thread round bloody seven!!!!!! so maybe that's why they can't be deleted.

eta http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=93654
    I think they are - I just checked mine and I can delete them all except for the ones in Photo Thread round bloody seven!!!!!! so maybe that's why they can't be deleted.

eta http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=93654

Yep it is :yes:
    Ah well that explains it then !
    I am a new member. So I can't try it .