Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

re-introdusing myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, Im Katy, 20years old from the north east of england. I am a nursing student at Northumbria University and Im half way through. Enjoying it so far! I live with my best mate in a little flat with our pets: 2 water snails, 2 hamsters and one kitten.
My boyfriend is named Kevin and hes from Stockport but he works in Newcastle and lives near me now which is nice, we've been together nearly 2years.
My favorite food is chicken and I eat it everyway possible! Also love most seafood too.
My favorite colour is pink and everything I own would be pink if I didnt have some self control!
Having been a nursing student for the past year and a half Ive seen lots of horrid things.. and lots of nice things actually. I have just finished an international placement in Maine; America. Which was a fantastic experience.

I dont know what else to say so I will end on that!!!

Hi Everyone!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    welcome to thesite :]

how did you get to do an international placement? iv never heard of nursing students doing placements abroad, sounds well good! :)
    well the university told us we could do it if we wished, all self funded of course, my uni isnt that generous! I have family who live in the states so I asked them to scout a hospital out for me and then emailed back and forth, it was pretty simple actually.
    Some people went to Kenya, where the placement was already set up through the university and they just had to pay for flights/spendies etc.
    ah right! so did you have to pay for your flight and accomodation and spends etc? how long did you do your placement for? haha sorry for all the questions, im hoping to do nursing soon and id well love to do an international placement.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't remember you from before, but welcome back! :wave:
    Yep I had to pay for my flights but Im staying with my aunt and uncle so didnt have to pay for accomodation. I dont know if all universitys have the option of international placement though. I had a placement in the UK for four weeks ('coz we have 8week long placements) and then another 4weeks in the USA. I flew to the US over a weekend as we werent allowed any 'time' off to travel.
    Where are you planning to do your nurse training?

Thanks for the welcome, I didnt really post much the last time I was here!