Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Online banking/payments

I'm pretty new to online banking, especially in terms of doing anything more spectacular or exciting than balance checking and paying into a savings account. So any experts please add your two cents :)

I've been doing some freelance writing/translation for some website while we've been living in Sweden (not Swedish website, I WISH I was at that standard ;)) well for the last two months anyway. It's payday now (woohoo) and the bloke who is to pay me is wondering which method to use. If he pays me from a Polish bank account to my British bank account is it really as simple as that? Or will it incur loads of fees and charges or will it involve losing out on a lot of money through the exchange rate etc? I really, really don't want to be paid in cash, if it's at all avoidable.

These are probably daft, novice questions but I need to knoooow! Cheers in advance loves (if you can help, if not then bugger off you unhelpful gits) :thumb:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He will have to pay to send you the money, but the exchange rates at the bank tend to be OK these days, much better than they used to be. It should be transferred into sterling by his bank, I would have thought.

Get him to credit the money in sterling, so the losses are on his end.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote: »
    These are probably daft, novice questions but I need to knoooow! Cheers in advance loves (if you can help, if not then bugger off you unhelpful gits) :thumb:

Trundles off...