Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Laundry Day!!!!! (Okay it's not THAT exciting, but humor me)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So this weekend was laundry day--well weekend. I had like 5 loads to do it sucked!!!! The only good thing was that my clothes smelled freaking amazing. You know how you get your clothes out of the dryer and you just want to lay in them because they are so warm/hot?? Well, seeing as I'm too cheap to buy detergent most of the time I used these samples from Pure Essentials. I got detergent, fabric softener (I never used this before this weekend) and dryer sheets, and they all had the same White Lilac scent. Okay, but I digress..I laid in my warm pile of clothes and everything just smelled soooo good. I think using all the same smell through the whole laundry process made a difference. You can tell I have no life because that actually made laundry interesting to me because With the 3rd load I mixed the Lemon Verbana scent with the White Lilac and it still smelled good.

Okay so the point of all that was that it's 11:38 a.m.--and ticking--in the States and I'm bored so when is your laundry day (or how often do you wash)? and what products do you use??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm. Saturday afternoon, once a week, except I'm busy this saturday so I'll do it Friday.

I use some tablets that were cheap?

I've never used fabric softner, any good?
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Erm. Saturday afternoon, once a week, except I'm busy this saturday so I'll do it Friday.

I use some tablets that were cheap?

I've never used fabric softener, any good?

I used to use the tablets, but they never dissolved well for me. That was when I was in college though, maybe they had cheap washing machines?:confused:

The fabric softener was pretty good. I used Downy White Lilac. I really think that might have added to the smell. Because I've used other products but I've never had that noticeable of a smell (in a good way). i'm not totally sure if they ship overseas, but I think they have free samples on their web site if you want to try it out.
    I do it on the weekends after I've run out of clothes to wear (usually 2 weeks ago and I'm on my last pair of granny panties and socks with more holes than material)

But usually they aren't even dirty. The clothes sit in the dryer for a week and then I just don't feel like hanging them up so after I get sick of the boyfriend telling me to pick them up I just throw them back in the dirty clothes and voila, no more clothes to hang up.
    Laundry day?

*Phones mum and asks her*
    I do it on the weekends after I've run out of clothes to wear (usually 2 weeks ago and I'm on my last pair of granny panties and socks with more holes than material)

But usually they aren't even dirty. The clothes sit in the dryer for a week and then I just don't feel like hanging them up so after I get sick of the boyfriend telling me to pick them up I just throw them back in the dirty clothes and voila, no more clothes to hang up.

Simba!!!I still haven't been to the store but I haven't forgot about you!!!! I am going to try it. I should have remembered last week because I was craving chocolate!

Sorry to go offtopic in my own thread!
    Every couple of weeks. Doing the washing involves needing at least £6 in change though, so I try and put it off as much as possible...

I did it yesterday, although I forgot to do my bedsheets, and the drier didn't dry it properly ;(
    I know Pure Essentials is kind of new to places in the States, so i'm not sure if you have the new brand of the detergents, etc. But do you even have Tide, Bounce, Downy or any of that stuff overseas? Or do you guys have your own name brands?

I always love to compare what everyone does or has overseas compared to the States. I need to come visit so i can use all my new found knowledge!
    Simba!!!I still haven't been to the store but I haven't forgot about you!!!! I am going to try it. I should have remembered last week because I was craving chocolate!

Sorry to go offtopic in my own thread!

You know what, the store was closed the other day and I bought a box from a grocery store... it wasn't that good compared to the fresh stuff so I wouldn't go rushing out to get it :(

But back on topic ;) The white lilac sounds really good, I always want to try it. Where did you get samples from! (nothing beats free samples)
    They are here: https://pureessentials.offerprocessingcenter.com/

Some people say they are getting coupons instead of free samples, but either way it only takes a couple of seconds to sign up for it.

ohhh, so I should find an actually store instead of at a local grocery store. Okay, well i'm glad i didnt try it yet. Even though chocolate rarely disappoints me :-P
    Franki wrote: »
    Every couple of weeks. Doing the washing involves needing at least £6 in change though, so I try and put it off as much as possible...

I did it yesterday, although I forgot to do my bedsheets, and the drier didn't dry it properly ;(

£6? That's quite costly... :eek:
    Every day is laundry day in my house.
    Every day should be. I put it off way too much. I had to buy new socks last winter. I probably dislike it so much because i always wait until the last minute so it piles up so huge that it becomes a pain.
    I tend to do mine at least twice a week. Normally because I need clean clothes or the basket in the bathroom is full.

I did it yesterday and forgot to put the powder in the machine. Clever I know. :rolleyes: :blush:
    £6? That's quite costly... :eek:
    For the whole lot, yeh. £2 per wash, £1 per dry. 2 washes, 2 drys = £6.
    Laundry is one of the few chores that I actually enjoy :) I think it's because it's not actually any work... it's like the same satisfaction of washing up without the effort :D

Our main laundry brands in the UK are Bold, Persil, Ariel, Daz. Think you can get Bounce tumble drier sheets, but that's the only one I've heard of in your list. There are a few more brands (Fairy, Dreft, which are marketed as for delicates/handwash/baby clothes) and lots of people get non-branded supermarket stuff. Think there are different brands of fabric conditioner too, such as Comfort.
    I use Bold, which has added conditioner, mainly because I like the way it smells :p
    For the whole lot, yeh. £2 per wash, £1 per dry. 2 washes, 2 drys = £6.

I just do one wash a week, I don't have enough clothes to last two weeks! :p
    I just do one wash a week, I don't have enough clothes to last two weeks! :p
    Darks and whites? You must have a lot of grey clothes.

And I DO have enough clothes to last two weeks. Just about :p.
    I wash my clothes by darks and whites too. sometimes i go a whole month without washing. by the time i wear them the good smell from the wash is gone. hopefully the white lilac smell will hold to my clothes when i get to the last of my clothes in the the back of my closet a month from now. lol
    I do about 3 washes a week of all of our clothes, but I have to wash my work shirts after every wearing so that's 3 times a week, plus my trousers and apron. My shirts are the only white things we have so I just do them on a quick wash when I get in from work.

eta I use tesco or sainsbury's non-bio tablets and tesco or sainsbury's "pure" concentrated fabric softner.
    Hmm, i do loads of laundry - i do one of lights, one of darks every week, then one week i'll do bedlinen and towels and the next week i'll do a wool wash. In the lights i use normal tablets (usually Lidl goodness!) with Comfort concentrate fabric softener, in the dark wash i use colour tablets (again, Lidl cheapness!) with comfort concentrate. The towels etc don't get fabric conditioner on every second wash becuase it stops them absorbing as well.

Me? Stepford wife? Never!

I don't handwash. It's long.
    Darks and whites? You must have a lot of grey clothes.

And I DO have enough clothes to last two weeks. Just about :p.

No, I wash on 40 and they all come out fine and smelling lovely.

I *think* colours running was more of an issue in the 'olden' days, but now there are better printing techniques or something.

Washing on 60 would probably not be too good for colours though. But my white clothes are as white as when I bought them!
    I don't really want my clothes to smell of wahing stuff. When people stand near me and their clothes smell of detergant I think their machine must have broken because it's not rinsing properly and causing me to wrinkle my nose... I guess that's a little odd.
    No, I wash on 40 and they all come out fine and smelling lovely.

I *think* colours running was more of an issue in the 'olden' days, but now there are better printing techniques or something.

Washing on 60 would probably not be too good for colours though. But my white clothes are as white as when I bought them!
    I don't have a choice about what temp my clothes wash on. I couldn't fit them all in the same machine anyway *shrug*.
    katralla wrote: »
    I don't really want my clothes to smell of wahing stuff. When people stand near me and their clothes smell of detergant I think their machine must have broken because it's not rinsing properly and causing me to wrinkle my nose... I guess that's a little odd.

My smell lovely, I mean *not* smell of sweat and grease :)
    I used to do lots of handwashing at uni, in my little tiny ensuite. I'd do all my t shirts and all my underwear in there and then rinse them all through in the shower and hang them on the radiator and on hangers on the curtain rail to dry. Saved me a fortune in washing machine fares! Gave me something to do on a Sunday as well.
    the fuck is laundry day?

I call it, 'pain in the arse day'! I have to make journeys to and from the laudrette everytime I wash. Two loads of washing, go back, two loads of drying. GO back make sure its dry, if not, dry again, go back, check. Theres 12 washing machines and dryers for 1800 students on our campus! joke!
    MancDan wrote: »
    the fuck is laundry day?

I call it, 'pain in the arse day'! I have to make journeys to and from the laudrette everytime I wash. Two loads of washing, go back, two loads of drying. GO back make sure its dry, if not, dry again, go back, check. Theres 12 washing machines and dryers for 1800 students on our campus! joke!

Luckily I always had the laundry room close to me when I lived in the dorm and now i have a laundry room in my actual apartment. So it's pretty convenient these days, I just hate laundry. I can't believe they make you share 12 washing machines! we had washers and dryers on every floor of every dorm
    You have laundry day?

We have a washing fairy.

Basically I place my clothes in a special "bin" and after a few days they reappear in my wardrobe/chest of draws, all clean and ironed. It's a terrific service, you should get one...
    I had one of those once :( Then I accused my fairy of shrinking my clothes and he hasn't touched them since :crying:
    Everyday-ish. The washing machine proves a calming presence for babies it seems, and keeps them in clean nappy-wear which is always good!

As for me, if I've got any knickers it's a blessing, despite doing 10+ washes a week :razz: