Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Salvia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering about people's experiences on salvia a I've been curious about it for years, but never known anybody who's experienced it, nor do I know where to get it.

Was your consciousness altered?

Did you feel sick or have any negative affects?

Is there anything like a comedown?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Salvia usually comes in the form of leaf extract, which is a bit hit and miss and very expensive for what it is. You can buy it in most drug paraphernalia shops, along with Bongs, Poppers, Pipes and various Herbal High's... I'm sure the know the kind of shop I'm talking about?
    You can buy different strains (x 20, x30, x50 e.t.c) with the higher strains being stronger and more expensive, but even with the higher strains, it's not guaranteed to work, I've bought some x50 Salvia before that's done fuck all except give me a bit of a light head for a while. However if you get lucky and buy some good stuff, then fuck are you in for a trip....a very short one, but a trip none the less. You will be plunged into a strange distorted world for about 5 minutes, which some people find very frightening. Definately not something to smoke when you're with people you don't know or in a place that you don't feel safe. When reality kicks in again, you'll find yourself feeling very spaced out for a little while longer and then it's over. Sounds good, but considering it can cost 20 quid or more for about 10 mins of tripping, it's a bit of a rip off.
    You can smoke it in a pipe or a bong, but I found using a bong to be more effective.
    i had x30 before and i kept bonging loads of it and it had no effect on me....wouldnt bother buying it again!
    I fail to see why anyone bothers to pay the money for the extract, not only do they often not work but the leaf itself is more than strong enough.

I tried it once quite a few years ago now and it was easily the scariest thing I have ever done in my life - it is a massively powerful hallucinogen and unless you are well used to to that sort of thing do not use it lightly.

As for negative effects - frankly I found the whole thing horrible.

Come down? Not really, it just fades and you feel like your minds been bashed around.
    Yes, it's quite terrifying.
    Yeah it can be really intense and it hits you really quickly.

I personally didn't enjoy it that much, I didn't hate it either (apart from the first time when I ended up locking myself in a bathroom... but that's another story lol)

I have only tried the 20x extract, never got round to trying the actual leaf and I don't think I would bother taking it again.
    Where can you get the actual leaf from? Never seen it for sale.
    Haha this shit is mental man!! me and a mate bought it am sure it was 20/30x extract? the key 2 getting a dunt off it is inhaling it and holding it in for aslong as u can .. fuck then youre in for 5 mins of madness .. like acid except a million times faster (",)
    budda wrote: »
    I fail to see why anyone bothers to pay the money for the extract, not only do they often not work but the leaf itself is more than strong enough.

just sounds like it has a very strong effect on you .. ive had various strengths of extract and plenty of leaves and the stuff does next to nothing for me

at best it makes my neck a bit itchy and makes me spin in circles .. ive watched my friends go into full blown trips from the same stuff so its obviously just down to the individual
    Tried it once, didn't work because I put it in a spliff.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Tried it once, didn't work because I put it in a spliff.

Yeah I bought one of those fucking pre-rolled salvia joints and it was the biggest load of bull I've ever wasted my money on.
    Tried it a few times, tripped balls a couple of times and couldn't walk, had no use of my legs at all and then other times it did nothing.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yeah I bought one of those fucking pre-rolled salvia joints and it was the biggest load of bull I've ever wasted my money on.

lol

shit
    z- wrote: »
    just sounds like it has a very strong effect on you .. ive had various strengths of extract and plenty of leaves and the stuff does next to nothing for me

at best it makes my neck a bit itchy and makes me spin in circles .. ive watched my friends go into full blown trips from the same stuff so its obviously just down to the individual

Certainly - all the hallucinogens are like this with differing effects on different people. But given the amount of times the extracts seem to turn out to be bunk I dont see the point in paying the extra for them.
    budda wrote: »
    Certainly - all the hallucinogens are like this with differing effects on different people. But given the amount of times the extracts seem to turn out to be bunk I dont see the point in paying the extra for them.

ive never come across any 'bunk' stuff but fair enough
    The most horrifying experience of my life. I had the most intense (and what seemed to me, really really long) hallucination. By the time it began wearing off and I could see vaguely what was around me, I was still frightened as I still had no idea where I was, who everyone else was, and even who I was... the worst thing is the corners. You constantly feel there are angles so you're trying to get away from whatever scary hallucination you're having, but there seem to be walls everywhere you turn. I've heard several people experience this so I imagine the angles are common.

The worst thing is feeling embarrassed afterwards of what you did in real life. I thought I'd done many stupid things but as with most people I'd just fallen over a lot, giggled manically and got myself really muddy which annoyed me a lot :p Oh and I cried my eyes out when my boyfriend went to hug me during it, because he was purple.

Even after it wore off I was in a state because I had no idea what had just happened. Apparently I was hyperventilating rather badly and screaming "I WAS A HOUSE!!"

Never again. I'm still traumatised now.
    It definitely alters consciousness and perceptions. No sickness, but a bit of a headache afterwards. If you read up plenty of experiences to prepare yourself, and are in a happy mindset in very comfortable surroundings, hoefully it's less likely you'll have the terrifying stuff, but I suppose you can never pre-set what your mind will conjure up!
    like some mentioned i've taken it and its had no effect but when it has had an effect it seemed weak and i felt very light headed.
    A few people have mentioned that it's terrifying...

I've bought an extract, though not a strong one and plan to smoke a bit of it in a bong with a sitter who I trst with my life.

Looking forward to it!
    When I tried it I instantly felt really sick and the room started spinning like mad. Crazy nausea and dizzyness. I didnt take anymore because the sensation was incredibly unpleasant but I can see that if I had taken more it probably would have become quite hallucinagenic or at the very least incredibly trippy. My mate who was taking at the time felt nothing at all despite having a ridiculous amount.

This was the x40 stuff. For the price of a gram of MD its not worth it. If you wanna trip get some K or Shrooms.

Saying that I have heard that the experience can be amazing... must depend on the person.
    make sure to read up on how to take it correctly,I remember reading for best results you have to smoke it real quickly with a hot hot lighter and keep it held in for at least 30 secs per hit
    OK, heres my personal experiance and take on salvia, i first tried a hit of it, when at a friends, there was five of us, four being newbies to it, so i went first and used a small metal pipe to smoke it, put some on the mesh, emptied my lungs while matey held flame to pipe and i inhaled a deep toke, the next thing i felt a wave of unexplainable feeling wash over my bodie and then a weird tingling. i was somehow aware it wasnt worth trying to talk because i wouldnt be able to, i think i tried?

i started to laugh as i realised i couldnt really move, i was sat on a chair, like this one...

chair.jpg

and my arms were on the rests and they became stuck, when i tried lifting them up it was like they were attached to the arm rests, as if they were melted onto the arm rests like plastic and therfore pulled back down onto them when i tried raising them...

Then i was in a vortex of the brightest coloured tunnel ive ever seen, it was spinning, with liquid walls and random passing objects, i remember seeing a vw van float pass. then my mates knee penetrated the liquid wall, and i tried grabbing it, eventually did and pulled myself out, when i was in the vortex i wasnt aware i was on the trip anymore, only when i came out and was able to speak i was saying, i wasnt in the room for a minute then, and they were all laughing unaware what the hell just went on, then my mate did some and said we all disappeared into the corner of the room, i got another couple of INTENSE salvia trips i could write but its taking to long and i cant explain it properly.. But i will say one time we got some and i dont know why but it did nothing and was a dead buzz???

But i wouldnt fancy doing it again, ive seen some people really fucking freak out also, one bloke nearly, well did, start to cry while saying "mum, Mummy" he was about 35 and i was well scared watching how petrified this grown man was when he perched up on his seat and started to dribble, that was pretty horrible...

So you take it at your own risk,m the advice is to be comfortable and with safe people at a safe location :wave: