Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Teetotalism

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I see the guy's point. When someone says they don't drink I assume straight away that they're a boring sod/weird but then I think well ya know it's their decision, perhaps they had a really bad experience or just didn't take well to drink.
    Frankly I've been cursed to be a depressive drunk most of the time anyway - so given my hangovers are getting worse my consumption is really falling off - I just dont really enjoy it anymore.

And as for sober people at a pub or a club - it totally depends, I've known ravers who danced harder, faster and longer on nothing because they just loved the scene, you cant generalise.
    I don't know how anyone could do it personally!!
    The reason being because a few years ago when I first got a mortgage I struggled to go out as much as my mates, so sometimes to save money on beer and taxi fares I would come out in my car and drink pop all day!! I absolutely can't stand being around drunk/off their head people when I'm sober, you can't have a conversation with them, they talk a lot louder than when sober and everyone is on a totally different level to you, I hated it!!
    I don't really care what other people do in their own time but I wouldn't go inviting tee-totalers to my party.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote: »
    I don't really care what other people do in their own time but I wouldn't go inviting tee-totalers to my party.
    If that's the kind of party where people do practically nothing except drink, they wouldn't want you to invite them anyway.
    Hell no, loads of stuff goes on at my parties, but I ain't tellin'. ;)
    it's like saying "Ooo, I'm wary of those people who don't like bananas, there must be something dodgy about them...".

Lmao! Yeah, it's exactly the same isn't it. Bananas, large quantities of alcohol, tomado tomato! :lol:
    Can agree with what he's saying - at a party last year I didn't drink (due to having had an op the week before) and my friends excluded me, playing drinking games and complaining that I was spoiling their party by not being drunk. I wonder if there's ever any pleasing them, as the last time we went out in an effort not to 'spoil everything' I drunk quite fast in order not to be excluded, and then they complained that I was drinking too much and that I was an idiot! Hmm, lovely friends eh?!!