Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I want to be an elf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking for a Christmas job and I've decided I want to be an elf and help Father Christmas in his grotto.

Um...does anyone know where I would find a job as an elf? Apart from the North Pole!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I want to be an elf too! Last year they had Christmas grotto character positions advertised in my local paper so that might be worth a look, and also on the jobsgopublic website I once saw an ad for a Mrs Christmas.
    Your local department store? My dad saw a similar job (i think it was Father Christmas) advertised yesterday.
    My daughter watched the episode of simpsons where homer was a store santa, what a coincidence. I would quite like to be an elf too I think. Perhaps we should set up our own grotto katchika?
    Our local JobCentre holds a Christmas jobs fair at some point in September - I think ours was last week - where they take everyones details and match them to the kinda jobs they want.. Like if you want an electrical retail job, they'll send you for an interview at Currys etc.

You could try the JobCentre and see if they have a Christmas jobs fair in your area.
    awwh..good luck with it and take a picture
    I dont think i could stand the kids
    Try the jobcentre, local paper/stores/shopping centres etc.
    are you in london?
    Center Parcs were recruiting Father Christmas's and helpers the other week....

I always feel a bit sad at work when I am processing Father Christmas's P45 :(
    :( thats not a nice job for anyone....(the father xmas bit, not the job as a whole)

do you have to do the same for the easter bunnie?
    Being an elf at Xmas sounds like my kind of job hehe/
    i am an elf.....all the time
    I've found an advert for being an elf at a shopping centre near me on the job centre plus website so it is definitely worth giving that a look. I'm going to apply, everyone thinks I'm mad!
    MrG wrote: »
    I dont think i could stand the kids

Likewise. Being the miserable git I am around Christmas time, I think the temptation to tell the kiddies that it's all a sham would prove to be too great.
    I was an elf one christmas :D Try hotrecruit.com - that's where i found my elfing.
    chester zoo are recruiting elves and santas ATm, through fish 4 jobs
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Internet/viewVacancy.do?selectedVacancy=5&ref=DUR/55981

Theres a job ad for a santas helper !! The uniform you recive sounds the best you can get!!
    Likewise. Being the miserable git I am around Christmas time, I think the temptation to tell the kiddies that it's all a sham would prove to be too great.

I don't think I'd tell the kids about it being a sham but I think that I'd probably sidle up to one of them in the queue and whisper:

"You've got to help me. Santa beats us and makes us eat reindeer shit. I haven't had proper food in six years and he keeps threatening to take a chisel to my head if I don't make toys. He has my wife and kids in a pit and when I beg to see them he just mutters about it putting the lotion on its skin. Alert the authorities, please! Oh my god, he saw me talking to you!"