Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ticks on cats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:yuck: sorry for gross topic

just saw one on my cat's neck and was told to just get it out with tweezers..i got it out but think i left the head in because the bit i had to pull was obviously the body..now i keep reading web pages using the phrase DO NOT a lot and it's the saliva which is poisonous..now i am worried for my baby :heart:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Vets
    Have a good look and see if there's anything still there.

Our dogs used to get tics all the time and they absolutely ming >.<. But I don't think they're OVERLY dangerous...I could be wrong though...
    id take her to the vets if you think youve left the head in as it might well get infected.
    In future I think you have to cover the tick in para ffin or vaseline which makes them suffocate and let go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A13344969
    euuuurgh thanks, i might just ask my mum to keep an eye on her and see if she is okay because i have to go back to uni tomorrow..or you think vets straight away?
    When there was a tick on more dog we, removed it, phoned the vet and they advised us to come and see the nurse that evening
    dohhh okay, ill tell my mum..knowing her she's going to 'keep an eye' on her.