Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nintendo Wii thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did a search and theres been a few threads a while back, but having just got one myself last week I've got the Wii buzz now :p Who's got one? Anyone know if theres any decent online games about yet?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've got one, played it a lot when i first got it for about 3 weeks then its barely been switched on since...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have, not so many games for it yet though (4). I like the polls :p
    i got a wii, love it, best thing ever *sexes*
    I think I added you two before (Yorghos and Hellfire) haha. We need online games for thesite.org tournament!
    Doofay wrote: »
    I think I added you two before (Yorghos and Hellfire) haha. We need online games for thesite.org tournament!
    You did? I've not added you
    didnt add me did ya?
    Hellfire wrote: »
    didnt add me did ya?
    BTW, you never sent me any Miis.
    ooo i will, need to work it out, never used the wii online yet, properlly
    Hellfire wrote: »
    ooo i will, need to work it out, never used the wii online yet, properlly
    I thought i added you both? My Wii number: 3335 4053 1205 1961 Feel free to add
    Doofay wrote: »
    I thought i added you both? My Wii number: 3335 4053 1205 1961 Feel free to add
    You might have, but unless the other person knows it's useless. We both have to add each other.
    I'll put your number in, and we'll see :)

Since this is another wii thread, here's mine again:
    5979 0570 3744 7046
    Got one as a wedding present from the wife....have barely put it down since. I whole heartedly recommend getting The Godfather Blackhand edition, it's a fantastic game.
    Strangling someone by actually throttling them, then performing your execution move which happens to be a back hand around the face by flicking your wrist makes the whole game worth while ;)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am currently obsessed with Mario Paper Stars or whatever it's called. I was even dreaming of it a couple of nights ago :blush:
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Got one as a wedding present from the wife....have barely put it down since. I whole heartedly recommend getting The Godfather Blackhand edition, it's a fantastic game.
    Strangling someone by actually throttling them, then performing your execution move which happens to be a back hand around the face by flicking your wrist makes the whole game worth while ;)
    i love the godfather on the wii, im the don of nyc :D woot :D
    ii'm still waiting for mine to arrive :(

i ordered it from littlewoods in July so i'd have it in time for birthday last month

i still don't have it and they keep pushing the delivery date back, tis currently January :crying:
    Now I've got my HDTV I want a next-gen console. I doubt it's gonna be a Wii though. Seems like a fun thing to have if you have people over, but not so good to play by yourself. A party console, no more.
    Addict wrote: »
    Now I've got my HDTV I want a next-gen console. I doubt it's gonna be a Wii though. Seems like a fun thing to have if you have people over, but not so good to play by yourself. A party console, no more.

I diasgree, get yourself a game like The Godfather, whilst the graphics aren't as good as an Xbox360 they are more than adequate and this is more than made up for the fact that to kill an enemy you literally have to aim at them and pull the trigger, punch them by actually punching them instead of pressing a couple of buttons repeatedly.

Don't get suckered into the "Wii is just a party console" thing, whilst the multiplayer games are great the single player ones are just as good. Plus it's a fraction of the price and you can pick the latest games up off ebay for £20.
    graphics and aesthetics are important to me. some of the wii games have graphics closer to the ps2 than the next-gen consoles.
    Resident Evil 4, whilst a direct port from the gamecube etc versions is fantastic on the Wii, easily one of the best games for the console :D
    I use mine more to play my old gamecube games then wii games but I love it.
    I played on a Wii for the first time ever last night. I played a bowling game
    and a boxing game... it was quite fun 'cos I was off my tits at the time, but I wouldn't bother buying one.
    icey wrote: »
    I've got one, played it a lot when i first got it for about 3 weeks then its barely been switched on since...

:yes:
    I'm just waiting for Metroid Prime 3... :D I'd have gotten Super Paper Mario too, but I'm keeping my money for a DS game.
    havent really touched mine much since getting it, didnt pay for it tho. the missus enjoys that Boogie game tho, its good fun when i do play, but use the 360 loads more. i do, however need a HDTV rather soon. im getting impatient
    Bought resident evil 2,3 and 0 gamecube versions, can start catching up on all the gamecube games I missed :D (Although RE1 is proving difficult to find, might have to try Ebay). Completed RE1 2 and 3 years ago but it's great to be able to have the whole collection for the Wii :D