Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loan insurance - making a claim

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had insurance on my loan since I took it out but it completely slipped my mind (which I guess is what the bank anticipates!) that I had it until it was mentioned by someone in the bank today.

I've been off work sick since June (going back in November) and they are sending me a claim for to claim for the backdated money, so I should be looking at about £800 altogether.

Has anyone ever claimed on their loan insurance before, either for sickness or redundancy? Hoe long does it take? I was told my doctor and employer would have to fill in some parts of the form, but when I worked in a GPs surgery it was never patients who asked us to fill things in but the insurance companies themselves.

Anybody with any experience?

Comments

• Options
    read the details very closely, i've heard this stuff is a bit of a con and very specific for what you can claim for.

apparently i was told you can get your loans insured independantly for a fraction of the cost elsewhere.

a friend of mine had to sell his house when he was made redundant because his insurance on that had some loophole or something which meant they didnt need to pay due to his circumstances, i dont know the full in's and outs however
  • Options