Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dippy Egg

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I fancy a dippy egg and soilders for breakfast

I've looked around on the internet but they are all different answers and I'm confused ?!

How long do I boil the egg for to make it boiled but not so boiled I can't dip toast in it

Comments

• Options
    Its suposed to take 4 minutes. I find its more like 5 mins though - the amount of time ive cracked open an uncooked egg- grrr.
  • Options
    put it in when the waters already boiling for 3 minutes. If the egg has been in the fridge, maybe do it for 4 minutes.
  • Options
    Mmm, I make two eggs with three toast, I cut 1 1/2 pieces in soliders, then 1 piece into quaters and keep one half piece.

lol, then I dip the soliders into both eggs simultaneously until the yolk goes hard and I make lots of egg on toast mini sarnies mmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    the perfect boiled egg takes 4minutes and 15seconds, but only remove the egg from the fridge when you put it in, do not remove the egg and leave it on the side to warm to room temp, also boil the water before hand, makesure it is boiling, once boiled remove the egg at 4min 15, and remove the top within 15seconds to stop it still cooking, should be perfect, no hard yoke, and lovely warm hard/ish white.
  • Options
    Deliah smiths way,

Bring a pan of water to the boil. place egg/eggs in the pan and continue to boil for exactly 1 minute. Once this time has elapsed, removed the pan from the ring and leave the egg/eggs in the water for either 6, 6 and a half or 7 minutes depending on how soft you want your egg.

I do it this way and it gives me time to make a cup of tea and butter my bread for soliders as well.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    only remove the egg from the fridge when you put it in, do not remove the egg and leave it on the side to warm to room temp
    Surely that would just make them crack as soon as they hit the hot water?
  • Options
    not with me.
  • Options
    Fresh room temperature medium egg, put it in cold water, bring it to the boil, time for 3mins 15 seconds, take out and run under cold water.

Perfect.
  • Options
    I fancy a dippy egg and soilders for breakfast

I've looked around on the internet but they are all different answers and I'm confused ?!

How long do I boil the egg for to make it boiled but not so boiled I can't dip toast in it

Buy fifteen eggs for a pound. Use your mobile as a timer. Boil 'em and take one out at three mins, three half mins, four mins, until you find the consistency you like. Next time you'll know exactly how long. I think it's one of those try it and see and learn from experience things. They'll need diff times depending on their size, starting temp an how fresh they are. I want soft boiled eggs with white bread and real butter soldiers now, only I don't have any eggs. :(
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Buy fifteen eggs for a pound.

Caged/battery eggs !!!!