Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tiring Easily

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the last few years (since I've been doing an office job and stopped running around waitressing) I've been getting tired very easily, am frequently achey and have got no energy to get off the sofa and do anything.

Yesterday, I went to Ikea and stopped at the cafe for a cuppa first. I felt shattered before I started - I really wanted to walk round Ikea (I :heart: Ikea!) but I just didn't feel likeI had the energy to get up and start walking. Obviously I forced myself to, but afterwards I was glad to get back to the car and sit still for a while. Today, I've put together a furniture (wardrobe, bedside table and chest of drawers) set and was shattered by the end of it!

I get quite bad back pains too. Recently saw a physiotherapist due to an achey shoulder and she told me I have "tight muscles". Was thinking of taking up yoga to do more stretching.

Any suggestions? I'm fed up of feeling like I want to be under a duvet all the time! I want some get up and go and some bounce back! :(

Comments

• Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • Options
    i feel exactly the same as you. but i've had my thyroid checked and checked for anemia and both came back negative.

i dunno why i feel tired all the time!
  • Options
    me too, had blood tests and checks aswell, they thought it might be chronic fatigue syndrome, but i don't know, i haven't been to see the doc since.
    i would recommend doing gentle exercise like a 20 minute walk each day, it will help you get fresh air and stretch your muscles, also in your back. My mum and sister both have back problems and going for a walk or a swim does them the world of good.
    So doing that should hopefully help the aches and pains and the tiredness.
    hope that helps :)
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    underactive thyroid gland?

Yup, already got me one of them! Was diagnosed in May 2005 through a blood test that was actually checking for diabetes (was peeing a lot). I've been on thryoxine since then, but the dosage has never been right for more than six months - every timeI get to that "if this blood test is okay, you don't have to come back for a year" point, my results are always through the roof and my dosage has to be changed.

Thing is, I've never ever ever felt any different since taking thyroxine or after any of the changes. I've asked my doctor about it before and he's always been very flippant about it - "Well at least your levels are right on the inside!". That's not what bothers me - I just want to feel normal on the outside too!

Have got another blood test (the six monther) booked for 22nd Oct with an appointment with the doctor on 31st (believe it or not, that's the earliest I could get and I booked it this afternoon!) :yeees:
  • Options
    Thing is, I've never ever ever felt any different since taking thyroxine or after any of the changes. I've asked my doctor about it before and he's always been very flippant about it - "Well at least your levels are right on the inside!". That's not what bothers me - I just want to feel normal on the outside too!

Sounds like maybe you have something going on other than the thyroid?

Do you do much exercise?