Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

feeling a little lost...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just had my last therapy session, which is really annoying, because we were actually getting somewhere...

I was having long term psyco-dynamic psycotherapy, but due to my age, and the fact that my therapist was leaving to work else where (hackney of all places), i have been transfered to another service, which i may have to pay towards (not much it might just be a pound a session), and there is a three month waiting list...

i know you are meant to have a break from therapy every so often, but i feel like i've been thrown to the sharks, as i haven't got somewhere to go to if i end up in what they would call a "crisis situation". The likelyhood of this is well, variable. I haven't had a panic attack for over a month, but that doesn't mean that i won't have one tomorrow...

i am also somewhat suseptable to SAD, and i have a tendency to end up in a black hole, but i could go into a depressive state at any point, it doesn't just have to be this time of year...

i'm probably making it sound far worse than it is, but i feel lost!

like i said, i haven't had a panic attack for a while, though i'm still having 2 or 3 shite days out of 7, and people that i used to have around to perk me up a little aren't around as much...

what do i do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could always seek alternative therapists and a little more until you can get into a different one. You could try to talk to a regular person and see if you can work out some of your problems that way.
    Is there some kind of Youth Advisory Service, or anything that the people who sorted your housing can get you onto?

And get registered with a GP, I've always found that even the less good ones were prepared to see me as an emergency if I were worried.

And save the Samaritans' phone no. in your phone in case you can't reach anyone else.
    xxx
    i find it very hard to talk to anyone that don't i know well, so i end up off loading on a particular person, which isn't fair...

and i can't deal with CBT, it does my head in...
    Do you have a GP?
    yes, but they are completly unhelpful...
    its harsh isnt it?? have been without counslling for a year. Am on waiting list for psycho therapy (group-how scary will that be)

I dont know what the system expects us to do. Theres enough of us out there, who are just managing to keep our heads above water, just managing to hand on to our jobs or our courses, and the support just isnt there.

I know what you mean about "one person ending up with it" or whatever it was you said, I worry constantly about over burdening people, with the net result I bottle things up instead..

Congrats on not having a panic attack for so long though.
    What are you going to do?