Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bit of a bump!

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Just to let you know, my brum brum is no more :( My precious car is a write off.

Me and koe nearly met at the Pearly Whites (gates that is not teeth!) when a car hurtled towards us on the wrong side of the road.

We are ok, but the car is a write off.

The driver was blatantly drugged/pissed up and we (and the police) think the car was stolen.

Why I am posting this I am not so sure, but I want symapthy for my poor car!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That shit, sorry to hear that.

Just remember your car has gone to a better place-its gone to the big scrap yard in the sky. Where it can be free from a life of Tesco runs and smelling of take-aways. :D

Seriously though, pleased your both ok. Cars can be replaced, people cant :thumb:
  • Options
    The same thing just happened to 3 of my mates on the motorway. They're ok although one of them is still in hospital. I was supposed to be in the car but couldnt go coz I was too skint!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Shame about the car, thank god you two are OK!

Crazy Burnley motorists ;)
  • Options
    Oh well, as long as you're both ok then that's all that matters. :)
  • Options
    Well it is funny you should say that James, I was moaning as soon as I got in from work that all people Burnley kept to the speed limit and I wanted to get home for a wee! But then as soon as we pop back out I am proved completely wrong!!

Calvin, my car didnt allow takeaways, she was far too posh!! :p

The paramedics said if it had been an older car we probably would have been so lucky, so please guys if you can afford it, buy a car with air bags (even if I am sporting a fetching burn/graze to my chin and lip from one!)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that - my father was actually killed in a collision with a drunk driver so I really can appreciate how much damage can be done to other's lives by some dick who thinks they can manage to drive regardless of the state they are in...

Glad you and koe are okay :thumb:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote: »
    my father was actually killed in a collision with a drunk driver so I really can appreciate how much damage can be done to other's lives by some dick who thinks they can manage to drive regardless of the state they are in...

Shit thats nasty stuff. :(

Just proves how lucky Bunnie and Koe are!

Bunnie: Next you should buy a Jaguar :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Glad that you're both ok :)

People who drive drunk should get their feet cut off, so they can't drive at all. But it seems this one was a thief as well...
  • Options
    Did they manage to catch the other driver? I hope they did.

Glad to hear you are (physically) okay. As has already been said, cars can be replaced but people can't :)
  • Options
    glad you're both ok

my cars nearly as old as me, wouldn't like to fancy the chances in a bad collision :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Cars can be replaced, people can't so it's always good to hear that some people have walked away.

Having said that, sometimes it's good to hear that others haven't ;)
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear that - my father was actually killed in a collision with a drunk driver so I really can appreciate how much damage can be done to other's lives by some dick who thinks they can manage to drive regardless of the state they are in...

Glad you and koe are okay :thumb:

I'm sorry to hear, thats terrible :(:heart:

Glad your both ok, Emma. But what Calvin said, you can't replace people. Glad to hear your both ok! And not sure how your car insurance works there, but I hope you had a good one ;)
  • Options
    I clicked on this expecting a pregnancy announcement. Lol.

Good to hear you're okay. What type of car was it? A safe one no doubt.
  • Options

Good to hear you're okay. What type of car was it? A safe one no doubt.

Me too!

I saw a nasty accident on the way into work this morning- makes you think about how you're driving. A friend of mine was speeding through a quiet road over summer, flipped the car and only just got out before the thing went up in flames.

Being involved in an accident like that is a horrible way of learning just how dangerous being on the road can be. We could probably all do with having a bit more respect for it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jaysus. At least it is just the car that is hurt and not the 2 of you.

I know of so many people who have died in drink driving incidents. I hope they catch however it was that collided with you. xx
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, same here. :blush:
  • Options
    Oh Jim, I am so sorry to hear that. Im telepathically sending you a huge hug.

Thanks guys, but I wanted sympathy for my poor brum brum :p

Seems like it is going to be a nightmare coz it is a write off I dont get a courtesy car (due to no repairs) so I will have to be chauffered around I guess.

I feel rather amazing today considering, I am just so pleased we are both ok...but to be honest, I couldnt give a shit if that dirty little bastard had broken a few bones!

But please, this is me begging you all (especially Aiden) please buy better cars if you can afford it, dont put it off. I probably wouldnt be typing right now if it wasn't for the quality of my car which is quite scary shit!

There are some nutters out there who dont care about anyone but themselves, and unfortunately no matter how well you can or think you can drive, these things can still happen. Always keep your eyes on the road!

Lecture over kids...:p
  • Options
    A good car is always a good investment, I'm so glad to see you have walked away.

I'm a big fan of Fords ever since Ellie and her family went for a gentle roll down an Alpine mountain in a Mondeo. It's still running too, which is amazing (and I reversed it into a wall a few weeks ago).
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    A good car is always a good investment, I'm so glad to see you have walked away.

I'm a big fan of Fords ever since Ellie and her family went for a gentle roll down an Alpine mountain in a Mondeo. It's still running too, which is amazing (and I reversed it into a wall a few weeks ago).

Hmm I am sure you were popular! Dad doesnt like Fords, and some of their bumpers are a little plasticy...I may get another black corsa (which is a little sad I am sure)

It has been a bit of a wake up call...I have a pretty perfect life!
  • Options
    It was that dented nobody noticed...shhh.

I drive a Fiesta at the minute and I love it, I'll be sad when it dies. Much better than Vauxhalls, IMHO. Just avoid the cheap Korean shite (I'd hate to park a Kia Picanto in a tree) and see how you go.

Apparently the Aygo/107/C1 is good, which is surprising seeing how small they are. Look at one of them, I really want a Aygo.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    It was that dented nobody noticed...shhh.

I drive a Fiesta at the minute and I love it, I'll be sad when it dies. Much better than Vauxhalls, IMHO. Just avoid the cheap Korean shite (I'd hate to park a Kia Picanto in a tree) and see how you go.

Apparently the Aygo/107/C1 is good, which is surprising seeing how small they are. Look at one of them, I really want a Aygo.

The new SEAT is supposed to be amazing according the paramedic last night, but I think that is a little out of my price range! But I agree, I will not be having a Kia. But definately a newish car.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Go Toyota for your next one, Emma. They are reliable and my Yaris is cheap to run too.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »

But please, this is me begging you all (especially Aiden) please buy better cars if you can afford it, dont put it off. I probably wouldnt be typing right now if it wasn't for the quality of my car which is quite scary shit!

actually seriously stripping it out and fitting a rollcage but for the amount of comfort that would be lost.... :chin:
  • Options
    I want one od those demolition man cars which fills with foam.

Glad to hear you're both ok.
  • Options
    Apparently the Suzuki Swift is the definitive small car now. Doubt you'd get one cheap though.
  • Options
    Can you go around to the blokes house and get some money off him?

A couple of years a go me and my fella had a drunk drive into his car and it was a write off. Luckily the car wasn't anything special but the police did fuck all. They took statements etc but never bothered to go around to the blokes house until the next morning which is a great idea when it comes to breathalising the guy. We did get £400 off him though towards a new car :) but it's a shame the police didn't act quicker and that he didn't lose his licence. Too much paper work for them i suspect.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Can you go around to the blokes house and get some money off him?

A couple of years a go me and my fella had a drunk drive into his car and it was a write off. Luckily the car wasn't anything special but the police did fuck all. They took statements etc but never bothered to go around to the blokes house until the next morning which is a great idea when it comes to breathalising the guy. We did get £400 off him though towards a new car :) but it's a shame the police didn't act quicker and that he didn't lose his licence. Too much paper work for them i suspect.

I have nothing but praise for the police in this matter...which is a turnaround for me. The car has been impounded and CSI are getting involved tomorrow for dna and fingerprints.

We dont know who the driver was as he legged it (fucking selfish bastard...we could have been dead!) but they caught his scrote of a passenger. But I am sure to say if we knew who he was, it wouldnt be money I would be going around for...
  • Options
    Oh Em that's terrible! And your ppor car :( But like everyone else, I'm glad you and koe are OK, that's the most important thing at the end of the day.

Can't imagine if I seriously crashed Lavender (I've got away lucky when I crashed her before), though I do always wonder what if I couldn't of moved. But I bet I wouldn't of come off so lightly, so your lucky your little car was a good'un and came to your rescue in our time of need! :)
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    Incidently does anyone remember that car crash on the M4 the other day that killed 5 people? Well, it was a bloke from uni's cousin. Although I suspect that he was one of the twats that had stolen a car.

yeah I remember that. It was horrific. One of them survived from the car being chased...was it him?