Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ABC1 on Freeview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Any idea what has happened to it? It's still there but there's nothing on it. I know there's going to be a new channel on Freeview from next Monday I hope they are not replacing it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ABC1 has been cancelled, me and my cousin are considering holding a memorial service :(
    [SIZE=-1]Disney have decided to close abc1 in the UK & Ireland on all platforms Satellite, Freeview & Cable.[/SIZE]

Virgin 1 starts on 1st Oct (taking over from ftn) and Im sure the old abc1 channel will be taken over by a new channel (probably Virgin Sport)

:thumb:
    Aww shame I quite liked some of the shows on it.
    8 simple rules! I think I've seen every episode about 3 times, except for the one where Paul the dad dies. wtf, how did he die?? He was the best character in it.
    lipsy wrote: »
    8 simple rules! I think I've seen every episode about 3 times, except for the one where Paul the dad dies. wtf, how did he die?? He was the best character in it.

I too loved that show and miss it coz its not shown on anything else as far as i know :(

But the actor had a heart attack and died in Real life so making him continuing working playing the Dad would have been a bit cruel lipsy... innovative, but cruel!

(Bridgette Hennesy = HOT)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

He had a heart attack in the aisle of a supermarket. I was in tears throughout the whole episode.

I shall miss ABC1. Stupid Disney. There is nowhere else I can watch Hope and Faith, Home Improvement, 8 Simple Rules, Less than Perfect ...

This saddens me :(
    So Paul is dead in real life?? No ways..

Btw.. bullseye, bridgette is in charmed now.
    Charmed is finished for good and those final seasons were so bad... i could only watch them with the Sound off... ;)
    Watching 8 Simple Rules was always really odd because all I could think about was Leela from Futurama!
    So Paul is dead in real life?? No ways..

Btw.. bullseye, bridgette is in charmed now.

The Actor's Name was John Ritter and he was most famous for being in 3's Company

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/12/ritter.obit/index.html

I do think it was good that they continued the show after he died and used that in the storyline as it reflects real life
    The mother wasnt just Leela from Futurama, she was also the mother in the classic comed series of the 90's Married With Children!