Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Félix eating bread

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dLw7vqlf0II

he gets so excited about it :heart:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Awww omg so cute <3 can we swap :p lol joke ;)
    He is such a pretty baby. Loving the stripes too.

By the way, do you pronounce it Feelix or Faylix?
    How cute :)
    :)
    its pronounced feelix
    I wondered because of the accent, and when I did Latin the teacher always said Faylix :)
    bloody romans
    He's lovely. He seems to love the camera too.
    :heart:
    lea_uk wrote: »
    He's lovely. He seems to love the camera too.

he does!!
    hes such a poser. If he sees the camera, he immediately starts acting up and smiling and posing, doing that thing with his eyes. Its so funny :love:
    Oh that's a very cute baby! And I really love that his daddy speaks to him in French. So how does the bilingual thing work?
    He just speaks to him entirely in french and me entirely in english. One parent one language. Apparently it can sometimes mean they take a bit longer to speak but the fact that when he does he will be bilingual makes it worth it I think. If each parent keeps to their own language then he should have no trouble switching and babies are naturally able to learn more than one language if theyre exposed to it early enough. Ive got a swedish friend and she speaks mostly swedish to her girls and they understand perfectly, although often just reply in english :lol: My french teacher talks only french to her daughter and shes totally bilingual so it does work :)
    He just speaks to him entirely in french and me entirely in english. One parent one language. Apparently it can sometimes mean they take a bit longer to speak but the fact that when he does he will be bilingual makes it worth it I think. If each parent keeps to their own language then he should have no trouble switching and babies are naturally able to learn more than one language if theyre exposed to it early enough. Ive got a swedish friend and she speaks mostly swedish to her girls and they understand perfectly, although often just reply in english :lol: My french teacher talks only french to her daughter and shes totally bilingual so it does work :)

Each of my parents speaks about 7 languages - no one taught them most of them - they were just totally surrounded by people that spoke many languages whilst they were growing up.
    does that mean you can speak some?
    I would LOVE to be fluent in another language. My cousin and his Italien wife started that with their girls-but I think they got tired of it, the girls dont speak Italian now!!!
    Lankygirl wrote: »
    does that mean you can speak some?
    I would LOVE to be fluent in another language. My cousin and his Italien wife started that with their girls-but I think they got tired of it, the girls dont speak Italian now!!!

thats a shame, Surely that means the girls cant communicate with their grandparents or anything.
    Oh he's so cute :heart:.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    He's a very cute baby :)

A question about the bilingual stuff: When speaking to each other, I suppose you use the same language (as opposed to one asking something in English and the other replying in French :p). Is that supposed to complicate stuff any?
    yeah we speak to each other in english. I dont know if it would complicate things but I guess its probably the same for most other couples doing it.
    English is the community language so theres a good chance that will be the dominant language, but we do go to france fairly regularly so he will be exposed to people speaking french to each other a lot as well, just not as much as english, unless we move to france
    did you learn english as an adult Indrid, or as a child?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    did you learn english as an adult Indrid, or as a child?
    Child I guess, but not baby or anything. It's compulsory in schools since 3rd year (kids' normal age: 8) but the schools generally don't do a good job at it, so most people have lessons separately. I learned most between the ages of 12 and 15, made better by reading books in English and communicating online.
    he is sooo cute!