Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With the weights, do a circuit which will utilise your whole body (maybe 6 exercises ... squat, bench press, military press, lunges and bicep curls and tricep kickbacks) - do 12 reps of each exercise , do 15 stomach crunches, then repeat the 6 exercises and crunches.
    that'll take around 40 mins a day ... not much!
    Do that on mon, wed and fri

with the running, do on tues and thursdays ... run as fast as you can for 1 minute, jog for 2, lightning again for 1, jog for 2 ... repeat for 40 mins

then play footy and use your punchbag any other time.

eat lots of protein based foods - such as turkey, wholegrain breads etc .... and eat tonnes fo fruit and veg and drink about 3 litres of water a day. try to get some whey protein shakes too!

you'll be fine in no time!

(i take no responsibility for any lack of enthusiasm)
    Keep going... On days where you don't feel like doing anything, do something, just a little but I always find on days when I'm not feeling motivated if I promise myself I'll only do say 25mins gentle exercise, by the time I'm 10mins in I'm feeling motivated. Vary what you do so that you don't get bored. Try and be more active all the time as well as set exercise time. All that stuff about getting off the bus one stop earlier and adding in extra walking, it won't make a smuch difference to your overall fitness as the weights and stuff, but you'll feel better and better about yourself as you walk more.

Good luck
    Yeah just going. Another easy way to ensure you getting into shape and not cutting out your social habit is to count calories. Try to ensure you're eliminating as many calories as you're taking in.
    BritJamez wrote: »
    with the running, do on tues and thursdays ... run as fast as you can for 1 minute, jog for 2, lightning again for 1, jog for 2 ... repeat for 40 mins

Be advised, you may want to take this part slow. Sprinting and jogging for forty minutes is near suicide to almost anyone.
    I'd recommend finding your own maximum with the cardio and then incrementally increasing the time you do your circuit as your body gets used to the exercise. Your lungs and heart especially need time to develop and get used to the process in order to achieve higher efficacy.