Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Teachers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anyone who went to secondary school from 1995 onwards ever been asked to supply their National Record of Achievement at a job interview?

I'm just thinking that this has never happened, despite frequent warnings from teachers.

I feel that since they lied to me about this, what else did they lie about. I'll not be able to trust anything they said. My entire secondary education experience was a lie...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't even know where my National Record of Achievement IS...
    Is that the same as er... high school? I have a NRA, no-one's ever asked me for it. It says loads of stuff abouthow much I admire Michael Jackson in it and other embarrassing 16yr old stuff, so I wouldn't show them if they asked!
    Franki wrote: »
    I don't even know where my National Record of Achievement IS...

Me neither. Everything worth looking at is on my CV, all my certificates are somewhere safe where I can get them out at a minutes notice.
    oh i think i had one of those at one point.

noone asked for it
    I found my NRA in my loft the other day, and promptly chucked it out since I've never used it.
    Nobody has ever requested to see it, but I have taken it along to interviews with me and it has been looked at and commented upon. It's out of date now though.

Teachers tell lies all the time. My two best friends are primary school teachers and they can't even spell. It's worrying.
    Ive had to show mine...(ROA) but not for years n years (god I sound about 50)
    I finished high school in 2005 and was also told by my teachers that every job place would ask me for my Record of Achievement.

After college I decided that I wanted to do an Accounting Apprenticeship and the training company I applied to asked to see my record of achievement.

When I went for job interviews after that, I was never specifically asked to bring my ROA, but I took it anyway and let the interviewer look at it just to impress them lol.

Tbh, nobody is ever going to tell you to bring it, but I'd take it anyway, just to show the interviewer your achievements, it can really swing the job for you :)
    i actually was asked for mine last week. My employer wanted to see the gcse certificates before they could put me forward for a 2 year college course.
    I havent used it for years, but I use to keep all my cetificates in one handy place.
    xsazx wrote: »
    mine's not even accurate from my last school (of 3 secondarys) as it was a generalised sheet beginning for students that had been there yr 7-11 about the subjects they've done etc and half of which doesnt even apply to me lol. Doubt you will need it though as havent heard of many employer's requesting as long as you've got your standard certificates available for presentation

I doubt they had enough sheets of paper for all your academic achievements .. :)
    I was asked to take mine to an interview for a sixth form college when I was applying for Further Education courses.

Also I have found it useful in preparing applications and my first CV etc but I've not used it for years now, I think it may be in the garage at my mother's house in a box somewhere.

I don't think I was ever told that I would need it though.
    mine makes all the ink come off the certificates, so i just keep them out now. i don't generally use it, i just take the things i need in another file or something.