Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Transferring Number to new phone company

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was supposed to have my number from O2 transferred to 3 by the 21st - although my o2 contract was until 24th - rung today to see what the problem is cos it didn't happen and the guy on the phone said there was a technical problem with the transfer - code for someone keyed in the wrong number I think

.. so now it's going to be an extra 2 weeks from the original transfer date - which means I must pay O2 an additional 2 weeks line rental to enable 3 enough time to do their jobs properly which will cost me £15.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth the effort transferring to 3.

I think it's stupid anyway I have to call them in the first place to transfer my number - I'd have rather just gone and done it via the ir website but it wasn't offered as an option.

Think I can get £15 worth of credit added to my 3 PAYG Phone?

To me that would seem fair.

Comments

• Options
    Depends on what party who did the error. I'd certainly try to call the other company as well to hear their side of the story.
  • Options
    Try phoning 3 and complaining about it, don't shout though it's not the person on the phones fault
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Asta wrote: »
    Try phoning 3 and complaining about it, don't shout though it's not the person on the phones fault
    You'll end up shouting as it'll take 50 attempts for the Indian call centre to understand.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    You'll end up shouting as it'll take 50 attempts for the Indian call centre to understand.
    I find patience goes a long way with 3 call centres, they always go out of their way to helpful.

Alternatively go into a 3 store.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Tried the patience route. I accidently deleted the web settings the other week and needed them to resend them, only took 90mins of poor quality hold music and 'can you access any website? have you tried turning your phone off? do you have the sim in?" I KNOW THE DAMN PROBLEM YOU MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

etc.
  • Options
    Asta wrote: »
    I find patience goes a long way with 3 call centres, they always go out of their way to helpful.

Alternatively go into a 3 store.

Oh yeah when I rung before to find out what was happening with the number transfer I could tell their call centre is obviously in India.

But I have always found every single person I've ever spoken to from an Indian call centre to be extremely polite and well mannered (unlike many UK based call centres) - you can tell the people in India enjoy their job a lot more and are grateful for it (an Indian call centre work can earn more money then a doctor in India)

The major problem I find with Indian call centres is their staff are not empowered with the capabilities to make many decisions. All they can usually do is take down details and handle basic requests.

I've filled out the online website form - dunno if it will be read by anyone with any power to do something - but for God Sakes if there was a problem with the PAC code all they had to do was call, SMS, Write me a letter or send me an Email. They had all those details about me.

I was assured the PAC had gone through the first time.

I don't mind the additional 2 week delay too much BUT I don't particularity see why I should be out of pocket for 3 mobile's failure to act.

As it is I've been singing Three's praises for the last few weeks saying how cool it is to have free MSN Messenger on your phone, etc - Companies should realise there is no better advertisement for their product then a happy customer.