Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wedding clothes!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I'm getting married in December! It's a bit sudden to be honest, so I need all your help with what to wear!
I'm not going to wear an actual wedding dress, but still going to wear a dress, and not a white one. Also, I really really feel the cold, so will need something warm and snuggly if it ends up being a strappy type dress, such as a wrap or a pretty cardigan. And last but not least, I need some shoes.. again, it'll be December, so shoes which don't leave my feet to go numb within seconds would be good. I'm not fantastic with heels either (tend to do lots of falling over) so the lower the better, although not flat.

I thought you would all be good people to ask, and I'm too lazy to search through millions of websites :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How posh are you going? If you're keeping it quite low key, you could go sixties style with a minidress and tights? that'd keep you warm.

If you're thinking a little posher, how about a shrug or wrap made of something like mohair (fake if you find it scratchy), or a little fake fur jacket - 40s glam style?

Shoes wise - if you wear a long skirt, you can wear what the hell you like underneath and no one will know! :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    do you have a debenhams or a john lewis near you? You could try their personal shopper service, tell them basically what you've told us and they'll run around to find things and will give you good advice on what suits you or what doesn't.

As for shoes, it might be an idea to try wedges, give you a bit of height and are much more comfortable than heals (in my experience anyway!)