Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Around the world tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone ever done it or bought one?

any advice or things to think about - wanna go in January maybe

Want to see Auz and New Zealand so thought might as well go all the way around the world and see some other places as well.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah you have to keep going in the same direction UNLESS there is no connecting flight in the direction
    -kenny- wrote: »
    how mcuh for a ticket?

It depends when you go and how many stops you want to do.
    We got them for our honeymoon, for business class it worked out to be 2000quid each on United Airlines. There were two options, either United and Star Alliance or United and Emirates, we chose the second.

We flew Dubai > Bangkok > Phuket > Singapore > Japan > Hawaii (we flew to Honululu, then to Maui, then the flight back to Honululu we had to pay for) > San Fransisco > Las Vegas (i think we paid for this flight) > New York (which we skipped at the last minute, we flew to LA then directly out to...) > London > Dubai

As has been mentioned you can't back track at all, but its usually cheap if you need to on a domestic flight.

Also i wouldn't recommend more than four stops per month, we did 7 destinations in 40days and by the end of it we were totally exhausted. I think they have a validity of up to a year so it would be nice if you had a few months off or something.