Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Inapropriate questions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night i was talking to a friends bf on msn. I was moaning about my bad day and how i got called for being ginger. He said there's a fetish for girls with red hair. I said there's probably a fetish for everything so it's nothing really. Then he said i bet you've got one to two. He then persued the subject and kept trying to get me to tell him. He was telling me his and said it's nothing to be ashamed of and not to be embarrassed. I kept telling him i'm not ashamed of anything, it's just private and it's between me and my bf. Then he said he had a guess but wouldnt tell me. He said he's not being a perv he just finds it interesting to know this stuff about people (same thing really). Eventually i got freaked out and left.

Now i'm really confused, i dunno what to do? Should i tell my friend? I've told my bf (he's a work so i'm waiting to hear back from him) and another friend who says to tell her. I feel really guilty and i'm afraid if i tell her i'll cause trouble. I don't know if he's asked other people. Am i over reacting or should i do something? Feel free to PM me too.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm interesting one, i've had random discussions like this before with friends, couple of online friends asking what there guilty plessures are, just chit chat etc, I don't see it as a problem, joking bout but if he was persuing it and not letting up then.. hmm thats a hard one.
  • Options
    I would tell my bf for sure and then decide together whether to tell the friend
  • Options
    Couldn't you have said you had a fetish for screwing up relationships by telling girlfriends of their boyfriends inappropriate behaviour?

Just leave it is my thoughts on this - and if it happens again, then tell your other half and go from there.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Then he said i bet you've got one to two.

Am I being really slow here having just woken up.. what does that mean??

I've had a male friend ask an inapropriate question before and I just shouted at him and told him not to be such a perv. Seemed to work lol. He just apologised and said he didn't mean it to sound pervy and that was the end of it.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    lipsy wrote: »
    Am I being really slow here having just woken up.. what does that mean??

I've had a male friend ask an inapropriate question before and I just shouted at him and told him not to be such a perv. Seemed to work lol. He just apologised and said he didn't mean it to sound pervy and that was the end of it.

I had to read it a couple of times myself - but in the context of the paragraph it sounds like he was saying: "I bet you've got one or two festishes."
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    I had to read it a couple of times myself - but in the context of the paragraph it sounds like he was saying: "I bet you've got one or two festishes."

Oh I see. I've re-read the whole thing now and it seems I missed the point about it being a friends boyfriend. I wouldn't tell my friend, I would have just let her boyfriend know that it is unacceptable.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Oh I see. I've re-read the whole thing now and it seems I missed the point about it being a friends boyfriend. I wouldn't tell my friend, I would have just let her boyfriend know that it is unacceptable.

:yes:

I don't think it's quite bad enough to risk ruining a relationship.... but I would definately let him know that he can't ask those sorts of questions.
  • Options
    hmmm NO i dont think it's a case of ASKING the questions, i mean i'd ask anyone here what your fettishes are, i think the problem is he kept going on about it,

i'd make it quite clear to him that it's him pestering you bout asking it, not him just generally asking, i wouldn't find it offensive if someone asked if I had any fettishes.
  • Options
    personally i wouldnt see it as a big deal..just he's one of those people that tries his luck at strange banter
  • Options
    it would depend for me. Id be pissed off if my friends boyfriend was being all flirty with me and I think trying to get me to indulge in smut talk about my fetishes IS crossing the line but then again, he might be like that with all his female friends or something and it might not mean much. I still would be a bit :eek2: though.
  • Options
    oh crap i misread and didnt realise it was your friend's boyfriend. id let him know you arent interested in discussing that sort of thing with him (which you've done) and if he tries anything again tell ur mate. well thats what id do but its ur choice
  • Options
    sorry about the bad writing, i was in a rush this morning when i wrote it.
    He's hinted at this kind of thing before, by bringing up the topic and telling me his fetishes, to wean it out of me. But i've always ignored him. I need to speak to him again and also speak to my boyfriend properly (who is not impressed and doesn't even like the guy anyway). I really don't know what to make of it.
  • Options
    he sounds like a lech tbh.

he didnt tell you he had a fetish for redheaded dancers by any chance lol?
  • Options
    he sounds like a lech tbh.

he didnt tell you he had a fetish for redheaded dancers by any chance lol?

no that wasn't his fetish lol, well not the one he told me anyway. He knows full well i don't like people nosying in my private life and that i hate perving. I've got friends saying i should tell her but i dunno. Need to do more talking.
  • Options
    difficult situation. Youve told others so it doesnt sem fair that shes the only one not to know, but then again, it doesnt sound like any good will come of it. He will probably twist it, and she will probably believe him (unless you are REALLY good friends)
    Can you just avoid him?
    delete him from your msn for a start
  • Options
    Their relationship is kinda weird anyway. She has crushes and flirts with other guys alot, and he's always moaning about her. Well she's known me for longer and she knows i don't make stuff up so i'm pretty sure she would believe me. He'd probably blame me though. I just don't want to be responsible for messing it up (even though it already kinda is), even though it's not really my fault, i'll still feel guilty.
  • Options
    hmm sounds like he went a bit to far and sounds slightly weirdddddd... lol

hmmm tell her, if everyone else knows, she will know eventually then be pissed for you keeping it from her

btw Ballerina, what are your fettishes ;)
  • Options
    My old boss asked me if the nodding animals in my car (there a nodding dog, a nodding scooby doo and a nodding shaun the sheep) were a fetish :eek2:
  • Options
    I told him not to bring up the topic again and he just got really nasty with me. Ugh.
  • Options
    the guy is a tosser then. Why is he still on your msn list?
  • Options
    if that happened to me then i'd definately tell my friend. Because if the tables were turned and a boyfriend of mine was talking inappropriately then i'd want to know.

Is your computer set to save msn conversations? If so you can prove it if you accuses you of lying.