Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Floods, Terrorism, More Floods....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Foot and Mouth disease, the first run on a bank in 140 years and now the Bluetongue virus.

Tony Blair got out just in time really :D

Its probably been a tougher than usual start as PM for Gordon Brown, but how do you feel he has handled things so far ?

There is talk of an early general election, so Gordon Brown can make the most of the Brown bounce, but are you any more inclined to vote New Labour now than you were before?

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never have, cannot see why I ever would either.
    Never have, cannot see why I ever would either.

:yes:
    I'll say Gordon hasnt done too bad a job, could have been much worse.
    It's the end of the world coming.
    He has made a good run of it of late, but another five years of Labour is a rather unnerving thought. They've made such a mess of things that any victory at the next general election would be more an indictment of the Tories, and their inability to capitalise on those huge failings, than anything else.
    It's simply a case of choosing the lesser of two evils. The Lib Dems won't get into government, Labour have a huge number of policies I disagree with, and the Conservatives have even more. They're all condescending pricks who care more about their own career than the people they're supposed to be serving, and the whole system is corrupt and fucked up in the first place, since another group of people get to make decisions without even being voted for. I'll choose not to vote for any of them and leave instead. :thumb:
    He's going to have to call an election sooner rather than later not really because of the good publicity of late but becausae he wasn't directly elected and there's pressure from many sides on that issue to validate his leadership.

I can't vote for either Labour or the Tories but I wouldn't want to either, Labour sold out in '94.
    realy why do all the rich and powerful people get rescued from floods first. 3 members of my family drowned during hurricane katrina. the government doesnt care for anyone except political leaders and rich people.