Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

isn't it time our government limited it's use of mercenaries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i mean the private security contractors, opps

Comments

• Options
    :yes: Yes. Absolutely. Definitely. :yes:

I don't know.
  • Options
    Yes, but given that they're not going to increase the size of the regular army to compensate we probably don't have much choice.
  • Options
    Depnds. Do you want the army acting as body guards to building contractors for example?

I (and interestingly General Sir Michael Jackson) would rather that the army did what they are paid to do.
  • Options
    Depnds. Do you want the army acting as body guards to building contractors for example?

I (and interestingly General Sir Michael Jackson) would rather that the army did what they are paid to do.

building contractors aren't british government employees, i'd be happy for army soldiers to protect government employees in iraq etc

though really we shouldnnt really be there anyway but this is a different topic, i only just found out under the interim legal system bought in by americans, private security staff cannot be prosecuted for any crimes

the iraqi government wants to kick out one ofthe companies for starting a (pointless) firefight that killed 15 civilians
  • Options
    Considering the obscene amount of money private contractors are sucking out of the countries in question I think they can pay for their own security. I thought that was the case already anyway?

But what is really a scandal is that regardless of who pays for them, in the immense majority of cases those 'security firms' are little more than legalised gangs of murdering thugs and assorted scum free to do pretty much what the fuck they want.

We should really stop pretending (those who still do anyway) that we are in Iraq for anything other than the complate pillage of its valuable resources, and that the methods and ways by which our governments are seeking to do that are as repulsive as the war itself.
  • Options
    the reason that troops are still in iraq is political. if america helps iraq, then we could maybe get free oil, thats the only reason. we need troops in our own countried rather than other countries.