Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What profession makes you think they'd make a bad partner for you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Investment banker? Corporate solicitor? Tabloid journalist? Anything with 70+ hrs/week commitment?

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't go out with a policeman. I don't agree with some aspects of te law and he'd have to abide by the law and there's nothing worse than a bent copper! I've known a few in my time and they deserve to rot in hell!
  • Options
    Hitman! Anybody famous. And no I don't think I could have a relationship with someone who worked 70+ hours a week :p

What else? Hmm. Slaughterhouse person, butcher. Anyone who works nights all the time.
  • Options
    I've been warned off policemen and army guys. Police because they work really unsociable long hours, even xmas day. And I do drugs so I don't know how that would work out. And army guys are supposed to be nob heads and not too nice to women. Also, I hate wars and I would go crazy with worry if they had to go fight in one. And I would not wanna live in barracks!

Also business men who work far far too many hours and never get to see their family much.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Army. Or any of the services for that matter!
  • Options
    policeman, soldier, some high flying money person working in the city type,
  • Options
    some high flying money person working in the city type,
    It's a bit frustrating that lots of girls assume all high-flying City types work unsociable 100hr weeks. Traders and salesmen in investment banks work 10-12hr days but have every evening and weekend off. My current gf, she's fancied me for ages but said she never pursued anything 'cos she assumed I'd be too busy working non-stop. Now she says I spend more time with her than exs doing 9-5s!
  • Options
    Maybe they don't but it's certainly the impression I get from the media about them!
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    It's a bit frustrating that lots of girls assume all high-flying City types work unsociable 100hr weeks. Traders and salesmen in investment banks work 10-12hr days but have every evening and weekend off. My current gf, she's fancied me for ages but said she never pursued anything 'cos she assumed I'd be too busy working non-stop. Now she says I spend more time with her than exs doing 9-5s!

Hmm but.. You're only young. What about those who are high up in companies? They work long hours, I've seen it myself. Saying that it's nice if your partner is successful and making lots of money...just need to find a balance really.
  • Options
    Also with a high flying city type, wouldn't you have to live near London? That would rule you out for me because I never want to live in London!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Hmm but.. You're only young. What about those who are high up in companies? They work long hours, I've seen it myself. Saying that it's nice if your partner is successful and making lots of money...just need to find a balance really.
    It depends entirely on what job you do. Generally in City jobs like investment banking, your hours DECREASE the further up the ladder you get. Hence all the stories about fat cats at the top getting paid loads and doing little work. Investment banking analyst grads start on 100 hour weeks, whilst the Managing Directors work 8am-6pm - like that's your reward for working hard to get to the top. On the trading floor everyone works similar hours regardless of seniority, you work market hours - I have same hours as my boss twice my age!
    lipsy wrote: »
    Saying that it's nice if your partner is successful and making lots of money...just need to find a balance really.
    Of course..I think my balance is ideal for 'work hard play hard' - have long hours but have every evening/weekend off which is same as most people doing other jobs, just with much more money to play with ;)
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »

its not just that, I just dont like the idea of it, and i dont think i could handle all the coke