Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Last minute nerves.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Uni starting tomorrow, and am actually dead nervous. I'm meeting a girl
I've been chatting to off t'internet, so nervous about that too. Once this week is over I should be ok though, it's just nerveracking :S Anyone else going tomorrow? Last minute nerves?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You going to halls? It was a bit nervewrecking first day, trying to start conversations with people you don't know but it's all sweet. Just see it as an exciting new start and you'll be grand. :thumb:
    Have a little drink, just to help calm your nerves. I wouldnt advise getting pissed unless everyone else is. But a quick drink my just take the edge off things and help your relax.
    I went last year but just returning to re-do my first year in two weeks I'm dead scared, but once you get there it's not bad at all.

I'd also advised having a bit of dutch courage, you can share it about too haha. In my first week I tried absinthe for the first time and it definately helped break the ice!!
    I had my induction day last week, and met 2 girls on my course who I'd met online; they are lovely irl too, which is always comforting when you're crapping yourself about not knowing anyone.

My first official day is tomorrow, and I'll be more nervous just as I get there, right now I'm okay. The only thing I'm worrying about is getting lost!!
    im moving to austria tomoro for my year abroad. terrified at the point of hysteria. excited tho. just v emo.
    i was brickin it my first day at uni....but once id moved all my stuff, cracked a few beers, made myself known...had a cool night out...made some great friends from it.
    Sorry should've said I'm a day student, not in residence there. day 1 was actually ok, just bloody tired now! Just about to leave for day 2 :) Made loads of friends and that whcih is really reassuring, thanku for the replies :)