Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

For the knitters out there...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/thebigknit/?Page=thebigknit

The Innocent Big Knit is for Age Concern. Click the link for more info.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've made 22 now!

Is anyone else from here taking part?
    Could be interesting, learning how to knit.
    i might do, but i've got a lot of other projects on the go....
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    A few people I know are doing this and I was going to take part. However, I simply do not have the time at the moment. Hardly picked up my needles recently for the single project I have on the go :(
    I wish I could knit :( x
    What a fantastic idea! I might have to give it a go, I wonder if I can remember how to make bobbles!

Not sure I understand the instructions properly, particularly step 4 4. For the next row, knit 2 together to the end (14 stitches). And for the row after that, purl 2 together to the end (7 stitches). can anyone shed some light?
    Knit two together - it means that instead of putting your needle through one of the stiches and making the new stitch you put your needle through two of the stitches at once then make a new stitch as normal. So if you did this across the whole row you'd end up with half as many stitches on the needle at the end of the row.

Purl two together is as above but making purl stitches instead of knit stitches.
    Oh right so that's how you reduce the width, thanks! I may try it tonight.
    hahaha
    xsazx wrote: »
    Can't imagine that many people wanting to by their drink a hat but hey lol should look at making the elderly knitted blankets instead =]
    TBH that was my first thought but they made £115,000 for age concern in last year's Big Knit. The money is actully donated by Sainsbury's and Innocent, I think the selling price of the smoothies is the same as usual.
    i might knit premature baby clothes soon...for UCH SCBU (otherwise known as the University college Hospital special care baby unit)
    How long does it go till? If I knitted some could I send them to somebody and you can do what you will with them?
    How long does it go till? If I knitted some could I send them to somebody and you can do what you will with them?

Well the deadline for them to arrive at Innocent is 22nd October 2007. Maybe that's not long enough with international post? The address is on their website for where to send them to.
    Aww :( I'd try it but I can't seem to go to the post office. I think I'm still working on sending candy to somebody after like 2 months :o

Maybe next year!