Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Halls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Which uni's have the best value for money when it comes to the halls of residence? I don't want to be paying through the nose for a crappy room and facilities.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That entirly depends on wht sort of accomdation/facilites your looking for and what unis your going too/looking at. It can also vary quite a bit from different halls at the same uni.
    To be fair, the quality of the course and the uni that offers the best service for what you want to do in future comes way ahead of halls facilities.
    Yeah. Think about halls, after the course.

I used to pay £74/ week for my halls in Nottingham. They were nice halls. ie. large room with en-suite. But you usually get what you pay for.
    I paid £66/week for self catered in Birmingham, but some of the newer swanky stuff was far more than that.
    The halls were reasonable, not swanky but had all you needed. The older crapper stuff I believe has been knocked down to build new student accom, or going through refurbishment.
    IMO the course is more important
    Hmm...I paid something like £47 per week for new halls, free internet but wasn't en suite.
    Halls should be the last thing your thinking of...but i think they are generally good nowadays...gettin very expensive though!