Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ageism

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would Ming Campbell have to constantly defend himself if he was black or gay? Do you think the papers would get away with the sort of abuse they do if the "issue" was anything other than his age? And also, what does it say about this country that age is seen as such an issue for someone that's younger than a lot of other world leaders of the past and present?

Having said that, I think that from his point of view, he should just refuse to acknowledge questions about it, and get on with real issues.

Comments

• Options
    Grow up would ya!
  • Options
    I'm so fed up with that daft comparison between 'ageism' and racism they're not in the same bloody class. 'Ageism' and 'gingerism' maybe.

And when it comes to Ming, I think most people are confusing his personal lacklustreness with his age. There are loads of elderly people who aren't as dull and boring as Ming is.
  • Options
    Tbh when i first saw him i thought he was just some dried up old man, but then he spoke and i liked what he had to say.