Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whos got there loan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Whos got there loan yet?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would imagine noone? Bit early isnt it?
    mine doesn't kick in until oct 14th.
    Monday but sometimes it comes in a couple of days early, hoping for it to be in by this weekend.
    Mine doesn't come in till about 3 or 4 days after I've registered at Uni. So sometime next week hopefully.
    i got mine on august 13th! woooo. thats coz cambs lea are really nice and im going on my year abroad. depends when u start at uni. man met is this week so a bunch of people have theirs already.
    I have no idea when I'll get mine :(.
    Mine comes on the 28th. Check the student finance site. Should have some info on your account about dates.
    im gettin mine authorised today when i pick up my new ID so i should get it in a few days.....thank god.
    It should be this monday. But they still havent sent me my payment schedule letter, so I cant get it untill then! Its an absoloute bastard! There goes my freshers week!!!! Fuck!
    MancDan wrote: »
    It should be this monday. But they still havent sent me my payment schedule letter, so I cant get it untill then! Its an absoloute bastard! There goes my freshers week!!!! Fuck!

Yeah there fucking cunts. I checked on my account and they SAY the've sent my schedule letter like 3 weeks ago .. have they fuck. Luckily i can see the dates on there!
    my uni has messed up and havent enrolled me which means i have no idea when im getting my loan so i am currently living on imaginary money known as overdraft...bloody uni!
    Sopycookie wrote: »
    my uni has messed up and havent enrolled me which means i have no idea when im getting my loan so i am currently living on imaginary money known as overdraft...bloody uni!

Did you not go to enrollment or something? You should be there when they enroll you.
    My uni have just postponed my enrolment, so I gotta wait 3 working days from 1st Oct. It sucks cause I'm actually penniless right now.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Yeah there fucking cunts. I checked on my account and they SAY the've sent my schedule letter like 3 weeks ago .. have they fuck. Luckily i can see the dates on there!

I signed off the loan accepting that I understood the charges and all that bollocks. SO, Its been three weeks since I rang them up and asked had they sent me my payment schedule that you get after that (what you take into uni) so I could get my loan on time. They said they'd just sent it off, so I expected it to be a week, max two! Three weeks on I'm still without the payment schedule letter and I expected to have the loan through this Monday. Not gonna happen now. I am truly skint!

Student Finances website plays up everyday, you cant even get online or log in to check anything on your account down to maintenance or something (marvelous time to do a little maintenance aint it? its only freshers week, no-ones gonna need log in or owt are they? pfT!!)

The phone lines are always busy, you get a stern "call back later" then dead tone, theres no queue or anything, I mean, why not just tell me to fuck off instead?! It's a mess! Theres no reason I shouldn't have got the loan on time, I did everything right ages and ages ago. Its them fucking me about. Its a biiiig stress, I cant afford to do anything, that I have to scrape along on food. I'm borrowing off mum and its not abooooooout it at all!

It's depressive shit. An I'm a little irate about it.
    Fuck had a shit day, can you tell? All I've done today is moan! :(

Edit: glad to see I'm not the only one btw. Not that its any good for you, I mean, its good to know I'm not the only one having trouble with it. All me uni mates are gonna be flying on Monday and for the week following! Gutted :lol:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Did you not go to enrollment or something? You should be there when they enroll you.

they decided to start online enrolment this year and due to a mix up i didnt pay my whole materials fee (im an art student) cos i was told it was less than it was and they halted my enrolment until i paid the extra but forgot to tell me i had to pay more which i didnt find out till i tracked down the people responsible for enrolment its all a big mess thanks to the fact that they introduced online enrolment and forgot to even send us the passwords we needed to log on....excellent organization