Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interviews and piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a job interview tomorrow for a healthcare assistant, but its not in a hospital or in a ward etc, its assisting a school nurse who goes around different primary schools.

I have the bottom left side of my lip pierced and I just wear a small stud in it, should i take it out for the interview or not? In one way I dont want to because thats me, i wear it all the time, and I think piercings are more commonplace these days. Its not all that noticeable. But does it look unprofessional?

Opinions would be good. :]

Comments

• Options
    Body peircings/tattoos are generally not accepted within the medical profession. (Way too many health risks, and most places will insist on studs in ears only)

I would say take it out for the interview to give a good impression, and then if you get the job, you should have guidelines regarding your uniform (including jewellery rules), if there isnt any then ask. You could even ask at the interview if you feel brave enough.
  • Options
    i always take mine out for interviews
  • Options
    You could wear a retainer.
  • Options
    Ta girls, i took it out in the end.