Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pissed off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
college have put back the date we are starting for another week due to the tube strikes....what a lame excuse? i now don't have a chance to settle in before i get launched into projects and coursework

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what tube strikes? Is that the possibility of them striking over these faulty trains?

Seems like an excuse to me, London doesn't stop because there's a tube strike, it just gets stroppy!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If they've pushed it back, doesn't that mean you have more time before lessons begin?
    If they've pushed it back, doesn't that mean you have more time before lessons begin?

What I think the problem is that she wants time to settle into college before she has to do loads of coursework to do? am I right?

I'd see this as a blessing to be honest!

But may mean she has less time to do her coursework in.
    it means that i have less time do to coursework in and don't get to know how my tutors want things done and how they work before i'm thrown into working my socks off
    id rather be at college than working, any given day of the week.

you dont get long at colleges, so you got to make the most of them
    I'm sure they'll just extend the deadline by a week to accomodate. You get plenty of time to do cousework anyway, trouble with students is that they prefer to get pissed and leave it all to the last minute anyway.
    ha! like i have friends to get pissed with!
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll just extend the deadline by a week to accomodate. You get plenty of time to do cousework anyway, trouble with students is that they prefer to get pissed and leave it all to the last minute anyway.

We're not all like that.
    Sofie wrote: »
    We're not all like that.

Fuck sake Sofie lighten up, you really can be so uptight sometimes. :D
    no it actually means i have less time, if not for this for something else cos i've lost 3 weeks on the academic year...and we have to all be finished on a particular date in may/june so i'm pissed and i think i have reason to be considering i could have got a lot done in three weeks...

i really need to get stuck in this year though cos if i don't get my DDM i'm fucked....
    How did you lose another two weeks?
    cos we were actually meant to start last week originally, then this week, now next week, so thats how...
    cos we were actually meant to start last week originally, then this week, now next week, so thats how...

So the deadlines will be extended then. You never have to hand in coursework on the last day of term, it's usually a couple of weeks before that. They'll just extend it to then, I'd only start worrying if it was only you who missed 3 weeks but everyone is, the college will recognise this and make changes to fit everything in.
    and it's just our course, not the rest of the college....so i doubt they will make changes for 29 of us
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    So the deadlines will be extended then. You never have to hand in coursework on the last day of term, it's usually a couple of weeks before that. They'll just extend it to then, I'd only start worrying if it was only you who missed 3 weeks but everyone is, the college will recognise this and make changes to fit everything in.

For quite a few courses, the moderator is someone from outside the school and it's them who set the deadlines that they have to have coursework by. Or something like that anyway.
    and it's just our course, not the rest of the college....so i doubt they will make changes for 29 of us

Is this college as in uni, or college as in school college?
    college as in FE not HE (not uni but don't call it school college because that is so condisending)
    college as in FE not HE (not uni but don't call it school college because that is so condisending)

Still don't get it, how can your course be delayed for 3 weeks but others not?

As for missing work, that's outside the schools control. I thought you were starting uni.
    IT'S A COLLEGE NOT A FRIGGING SCHOOL!

(sorry!)

it's cos we had people having to transfer from other colleges onto our course because other colleges are dropping the course and they had to make 2 groups instead of 1 and thus create new timetables and find extra tutors...and aparently the tube strikes made this a longer process...fucking lame excuse really...
    Pathetic excuse. Surely if the tube strikes were that much of an issue, then they could've tried finding alternative transport?
    IT'S A COLLEGE NOT A FRIGGING SCHOOL!

(sorry!)

At university all the American affilates called the university "School" anyway!!