Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Festival Volunteering

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Hi all, I was just wandering if anyone managed to volunteer at any of the festivals this year, and what it was like?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nope. sorry cant help
    Originally posted by Gio_speedster:
    nope. sorry cant help

No offence or anything.. but whyyy???

My brother volunteered to do something or other at glastonbury a couple of years ago; had a wicked time. you dont have to work the entire time and depending on what you're doing get cheap/free entrance
    I did some stewarding at the Volcano festival this year and the cannabis march and volcano festival last year. Its good fun and you get to find out where the after parties are. Plus at the cannabis march I was passed a joint every five seconds and ended up crawling the last hundred yards
    I've done litter-picking at Glastonbury before - would recommend it. It was a couple of years ago I last did it, so not sure if it's exactly the same. It was organized through Oxfam if I remember right, by some recycling company working out of Bristol.

The deal was that you gave them the price of the ticket before hand, and after you'd done a certain number of shifts (wasn't a lot - a few hours a day for about 3 days) they gave you the price of the ticket back. So if you do the work it ends up free, if you can't be bothered to do the work you only end up paying the price of the ticket anyway.

If you're lucky and you can get down there early sometimes you can do all of your shifts before the festival actually starts - then you can just enjoy the festival. Think they might have clamped down on this a bit in recent years.

+ you get better camping (in Tom's field at the top of the site), showers, meals on the days you work etc. It's a good deal. Sorry, I haven't got the contact info any more moment. Maybe someone else can help with that? If not, just write to Michael Eavis and ask him