Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Loan money

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Could anyone tell me when the loan money from the studentloan people come through for uni? Just getting a bit worried. Thankyou.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It comes in three installments.

I get one next week, then in January and another in March.

You should have received a letter in the post. You could have a look on www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk and check your status, it might tell you something there.
    They fucked mine up, so I would ring them in case they've fucked yours up too.

I'm not getting mine for about another two weeks now. I go on Thursday. This is all despite the fact that they had EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFO THEY NEEDED at least 2 weeks before we had to go in there and shout lots at them.

Ring them, seriously.
    You *should* get it a few days after the start of each term.
    squeal wrote: »
    It comes in three installments.

I get one next week, then in January and another in March.

You should have received a letter in the post. You could have a look on www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk and check your status, it might tell you something there.

I received the letters, but I can't log in to it. Am currently waiting to speak to someone about that.

My status said over the phone that I shall recieve a certain amount after my attendance has been verified, I'm guessing this is normal?

Thankyou everyone, just having a mad panicking 5 minutes!
    Sounds like everything is sorted if you've received the letters then. I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about :)
    Sounds like everything is sorted if you've received the letters then. I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about :)

Fantastic :) Thankyou! I gave up calling them, asked them to ring me back, as thought I'd try the internet again, only their now down due to high user traffic! Think I'm probably just over panicking now!
    your-babe wrote: »
    Fantastic :) Thankyou! I gave up calling them, asked them to ring me back, as thought I'd try the internet again, only their now down due to high user traffic! Think I'm probably just over panicking now!

The Student Finance Direct website you mean? If so I've just logged in and looked at every thing now and it's working fine.
    The Student Finance Direct website you mean? If so I've just logged in and looked at every thing now and it's working fine.

Thankyou, I'll try again :)
    Ok, my payments are:
    06/02/2008
    07/05/2008 for my tuition fee loan, surely the uni will want money before that?
    You don't need to worry about your tuition fee loan, that gets paid direct to the uni, so never actually get your sticky mitts on that money, and if the uni want it sooner then that's something they take up with Student Finance direct.

You do indeed only get the money after your attendance has been verified, so make sure you turn up to regestration etc on time with your student finance letter otherwise it might be late!
    your-babe wrote: »
    Ok, my payments are:
    06/02/2008
    07/05/2008 for my tuition fee loan, surely the uni will want money before that?

That's fine. Mine are exactly the same :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I haven't even applied yet :S
    JsT wrote: »
    I haven't even applied yet :S

:shocking: No money for you. Tut Tut.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    :shocking: No money for you. Tut Tut.
    Cheers :p
    Your first payment is made shortly after induction. You give them a letter from Student Finance, they scan a barcode on it and check one or two details. The money goes into your bank account a few days later, and on the subsequent dates listed on that letter.

That's assuming that they've actually got it right, of course. Which, in my case, they haven't. For reasons I won't bother going into here, I won't be getting my loan through until early October. I think I might be saying an early hello to Mr Overdraft...
    Thankyou! That's one worry down :) That's good that we don't get to touch the fees money though, that would be a brilliant shopping trip though lol.