Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

resit year, loan question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
If i have to resit a year at university, but only doing say 5 modules which i failed, does anybody know what financial support i will get

i know the tution fee loan will be less because its 5 modules, but what about the grant and matience loan?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is the tuition actually any less?

Generally you get charged the standard tuition fee for resit years, even if you're not quite taking all the modules. Have the university told you that your tuition fee will be less, or is this something you have assumed?

To get student finance you usually need to be a full time student, and if your LEA/University agree that it is worth while you retaking the year then you should get the normal level of financial support to do so.

Are you asking with this year in mind?
    If you have already received a student loan for [say] your second year and have to retake the second year you won't get the student loan for the retake year.

I don't know about other forms of support like bursaries etc.
    Not necessarily.

I'm retaking my 2nd year and have loan etc for it.
    ya

Well i failed 5 modules theres 10 in total, so have to resit the first year only attending the 5 module classes/exams, not sure if i will get the same support etc
    Talk to student support at your uni, your LEA and your students union. They should be able to help between them.

Surely you are going back to uni in the very near future? In which case you need to get this sorted now, ring up your LEA and explain what you're doing.
    Not necessarily.

I'm retaking my 2nd year and have loan etc for it.
    sorry it must have changed since I was there.