Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How long does it take....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
to find out the result of an interview. I had an interview on Thursday, and Im sure if I had been sucessful I would have heard something by now.

Fucking my minds working overtime, looking for an answer.

I fear its going to be a 'Thanks but not thanks' letter in the post.

So how long did it take for you to hear back ?

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Normaly the same day or later that week if they have lots of people to interview. They normally say in an interview when they hope to contact you by.
    Calvin wrote: »
    to find out the result of an interview. I had an interview on Thursday, and Im sure if I had been sucessful I would have heard something by now.

Fucking my minds working overtime, looking for an answer.

I fear its going to be a 'Thanks but not thanks' letter in the post.

So how long did it take for you to hear back ?

:thumb:

Two weeks for me.
    Wouldn't worry now.
    I heard back on the same day for my interview - but that's not normal, it's just I was the last one they interviewed so they were able to make a decision. It really does depend on the timescale over which they are interviewing people - it could be up to a couple of weeks, but they should have told you really.
    Fuck sake, I kind of accepted now that I haven't got the job, but I wish they would hurry up and send me a letter confirming this, my minds doing fucking somersaults.
    call them
    Don't let one interview stress you out. Forget it happened and move on with others.

If you hear, you'll hear. If you don't, you don't! There's absolutely no timeframe on when you should or shout not hear back by - unless specified in writing either in job advert itselt or elsewhere.

Stay positive and just keep on going. Don't call them. It sounds desperate
    Always ask when they will get in touch at the interview, if they do not tell you without asking.