Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fundraising

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine died last year during an epileptic fit, and my other friends and i are hoping to raise money for the british epilepsy association. We have held collections at the school, and are going to have a non uniform day - has anybody got any other, slightly more interesting ideas??

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by freya:
    A friend of mine died last year during an epileptic fit, and my other friends and i are hoping to raise money for the british epilepsy association. We have held collections at the school, and are going to have a non uniform day - has anybody got any other, slightly more interesting ideas??

I'm involved with a charity called the Chernobyl Children Life line also the school fundraising committee. There are loads of interesting ways of fundraising, for instance -

We held an auction of promises at the school & raised £5000 in one evening!! Vanising coffee cups is a good one, it usually raises about £700 but has the potential for over £2000, 50/50 sale (or auction), a multitude of sponsored events. We held a fun run & raised over £1000, the summer ball raised £1400, a good old fashioned raffle, cake selling day at school, smartie tubes. I'll post some more if they come to me. Let me know if you need instructions

j9

A wise man is always happy to be corrected
  • Options
    in school, during 6th form we auctioned off the teacher for the day, that was wicked and such fun, they had 2 do everything 4 the pupil who bought em! and surprisingly they were brillant bout it.
    we also auctioned off the 6th formers 4 the day, that was good 2.
    a 6th former had his legs waxed in front of every1. we had a talent show, sponsored swims and runs, sponsered silences.
    fancy dress comps.
    1 time, my mum was a patent of a charity, cause when i was 5 my mums best mates son who was my little buddy, also 5, died of a brain tumor. so they wrote off 2 loads a famous peeps askin 4 their favourite recipe, ie prime minister, footballers, cilla black, micheal barrymore, u name em they wrote 2 em. in the end they made a recipe book which made thousands and thousands, they got sponsers along the way 2 help fund the inital costing. but this takes a lot a work, but well worth it.