Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

o2 / mobile phone problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got an upgrade from o2 to a Motorola Z8. It arrived and worked perfectly for about a minute. I kept getting error messages about lack of memory, and it would switch itself on and off at random. One morning it stopped working altogether and flashed bright pink and yellow on and off until I removed the battery.

I was sent a replacement mobile and gave my faulty one back. At this stage I was offered the choice of another phone or the same. I choose the same, hoping the fault was a one off.

The fault wasn't a one off. The next Z8 to arrive kept flashing the same error messages as before with the added bonus of a battery that need to be recharged every single day, even when not used for anything battery draining (only texts!) I was told someone would contact me with regard to getting a replacement. I didn't hear anything until a Parceline delivery man called me asking why I wasn't home to receive a parcel from o2! This was the day after I was told someone would be in touch. I was impressed with the quick service but not at the fact I wasn't told to be ready to accept a replacement.

This morning I finally received my third Z8. I put the battery in and was instantly told 'wrong battery, please remove'. I checked and the battery and it is the correct one for the model (BK70). I clicked to by-pass this message and the phone switched itself off. It said the same three more times. I have tried to remove the battery and it won't budge. It is jammed solid. Several people have tried to remove it but with no luck. I am still getting the error message.

I have been told by o2 that I can have a replacement phone of the same model, but I am sick of it and would rather have something else. I am using an old phone that doesn't have a camera or MP3 playerm or web access.

Basically, long story over, what I would like to know is where I stand in terms of getting a replacement phone that isn't a Motorola Z8? o2 have said 'no' but how many times can they keep sending me a replacement?

Incidentally, although there aren't any official reports of faults with this phone I have done a search and many people have had similar problems.

Comments

• Options
    How long ago were you sent your first V8? I got told by someone here that within 14 days, you can change your phone for something elese if you're not happy with it.
  • Options
    o2 are a big pile of poo sometimes. Like the way you negotiate a deal with them and 12 months later they switch it back to the normal tariff without telling you. Yes, because when I negotiated a deal to stay with you I wanted it to end, you idiots.

If it wasn't for rather needing to keep the number active and the same just now, I'd be out of there.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    How long ago were you sent your first V8? I got told by someone here that within 14 days, you can change your phone for something elese if you're not happy with it.

The first time was within the 14 days which was why I was offered an alternative phone. They didn't have any other motorolas so I stuck with the same one. It's been about 4 weeks since I first upgraded my contract / phone.