Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help with student accounts please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm trying to sort out my student account and it's really rather irritating, I have total sympathy with the user who didn't want to go to Uni, and yes ppl do try and push you that way! Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations about which is the best bank to use, I'll need all the help and overdraft I can get! HSBC has messed around a few of my friends overdrafts so I'd rather not go with them. I've been looking around (on my travels found a comp with Halifax to win £10,000 and no account with them needed, if no-one has posted the link before it's: www.halifaxstudent.co.uk , sorry if someone else has posted that before, but very useful) but it's annoying as how do you know if the maximum overdraft limit is anywhere near what they will actually give you? Plus anyone know a bank that doesn't charge on foreign currency, I'm spending my 2nd year in America and would rather not get charged everytime I need to use my card! Cheers for any help. xx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been with Natwest for my student acct, not personally had any problems, they also give you commission free currency.

However for travel i'd reccommend Nationwide's Flex acct. They don't charge you withdrawals like most ppl do!! so you could get that acct specifically for travelling.
    Halifax student a/c has the biggest overdraft, its the winner!
    Natwest has been really good to me and they've always given me the maximum overdraft they could you just have to ask. However they do charge a fortune for with drawing money abroad.