Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job hunting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going job hunting later in the market place of my town. There's a library and a couple of independant shops plus a johnathon james. I can't find any contact numbers or emails so i'm just going to go in and ask. Thing is, how do i do it??

Comments

• Options
    Take in a CV in an envelope with 'F.A.O HR Dept' on the front, ask if they are looking for any staff, if so say 'here's my CV' and voila! They may give an impromptu interview so be prepared. :)
  • Options
    Why does it need to say that on the front? I've just written a CV with details, school results and past work experience. What else do i need to go with it?
  • Options
    Go to www.bt.com, find a business by type, enter retail and nottingham this will list lots of shops in the area.

It might be worth making a list on a pad of all the places you are interested in and telephoning and asking if they are looking for staff, who the person you would need to speak with is and also do they accept CV's or only written applications. Have a list of your key skills and experience in bullet point to hand so you don't forget or get tongue tied if they want to vet you by telephone.

Good luck xx