Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Homebase questions, please read if you know anything about pay.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right i lost my job recently at Morrisons, got canned, didnt put it down on my application form (said i left at my own accord). Now i applied all over the place, and anywyas i had my interview yesterday and beatsed the interview, got the job at homebase. been thinking, ive got myslef a 21 hour contract including sundays, ive been raking in £600 a month from Morrisons and im used to having that wage, and i do need that money.

Im a student at college right now, have a car to maintain, a savings account to pay into as i want a new car, and i also like going round town now and again, the £600 pays for all that and i still have a little left to go out eating with the girlfriend.

Right so anwyays, Does homebase pay extra on a sunday, or a saturday ? If not, im only gunna be raking in £450ish a month and bugger me that wont pay for anything, ill be amazed if i have enough for petrol.

thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No they dont I'm afraid. I used to work for them.

I think full timers do though, I cant quite remember :S
    oh fuck buckets. son of a bitch. do you rekon the union will be able to have a go and get somehitng done about it ?

fuck sake, i cant believe it.
    michael172 wrote: »
    oh fuck buckets. son of a bitch. do you rekon the union will be able to have a go and get somehitng done about it ?

i doubt the union would do anything about it. im pretty sure workplaces dont HAVE to pay extra on sundays. i dont get extra for working them at asda. and my sister doesnt at river island.
    urgh.

well im gunna be applying for a lot of other places then......
    nope, i dont get paid extra for sundays
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Neither do I!

I do however for bankholidays!
    i dont for bank holidays, all i get is 20days a yr hol, changing to 24 then 28

and extra days for working Xmas Day and NYD
    michael172 wrote: »

Extra pay on a Sunday went out of fashion. It's no longer considered a day of rest (so to speak) People get up, go shop like any other day. It's like a Saturday, only a day later and you close earlier. It's an important day in the week for retail, they have to be open to compete, and they have to have the staff in.

Tesco still do. Get a job at Tesco. Anyway 4 Ton a week for a student? in the customer service sector? Sounds good shit to me! :thumb:
    no every 4 weeks lol.

30 hrs a week of basic pay gets me 660. so ill have to be working upwards of that to be able to get what i need.
    Waitrose and M&S both pay time and a half on Sundays for new and existing staff. (Existing staff at both who started a few yrs ago actually get double). Bank hols pay same as Sunday.

As far as I know Sainsbury's and Corals also pay 1.5 on Sunday. I think I've heard Tesco don't pay any Sunday premium for new staff.
    JsT wrote: »
    Neither do I!

I do however for bankholidays!
    I don't get paid extra on any day at all. £4.85, every god damn day. Plus, the only day we're shut is Christmas.

Cunts :(.
    Homebase the truth

Sunday if u work for homebase its basic pay for sundays
    if ur a full time person its the same unless ur on an old contract in which case u get basic pay plus £3 an hour
    double pay was stopped when the government brought in the Sunday trading laws
    Much of the time u will be asked to work over and even if u go over 39 hours will still get basic pay not time and a half
    or u will be asked to work over for lue time
    Many staff members mostly the full times ones work well over the 39 hours for no pay or lue time just to get the work done.
    I have been the only member of staff on duty in the evenings because of staff hours being cut.
    I get the feeling this is the same at other places like B and Q etc
    by the way I don't work for them now thank goodness
    :banghead: