Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Friend Goes Mental At Me! (please advise)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so here is the thing, i am on msn talking like i do everyday with my best girl friend (not girlfriend), who is my ex, but we havent been together for about a year. Anyway for the past year we have become good friends since splitting up, one of the few this has EVER happened with.

So we are talking and she is complaining about how one of her mates is going on and on about Leeds fest! Well my friend wanted to go and couldnt afford to so she was a bit pissed off at hearing how good it was. So i said, "Well, she may piss you off now, but you will miss her when you go to uni in a couple of weeks, you do love her after all." Which is all true as she has said it to me and even cried about missing her mates.

And she goes MENTAL at me! Saying i have been patronising to her for the past few weeks and im telling her how she feels when she knows how she feels and she isnt going to miss this mate of hers at all coz she cant stand her (all news to me). Anyways, i was totally blown away by this and was like, "Why are you being pissy with me? I'm not the one rubbing your face in how you didnt go to Leeds Fest." And she then says, "This is so typical of you, why can't you just get over me? I don't know why i bother with you anymore!"

Then she blocked me! I was like, WTF? I have talked to her about other girls for the past year and she has talked to me about other guys for a year, i am over her! So i email her to ask what her problem is and why she blocked me and she comes back on msn to say she blocked me to avoid a fight coz she could tell i wanted one (I didnt, she started it and i was totally stunned) and accused me of doing this all the time because im so in Love with her and then told me she never ever wanted to speak to me every again no matter what!

So, i havent tried to talk to her since then, like 2 days ago, but it is bothering me that the person who is suppose to be my best mate in the world, for no reason whatsoever has acted liek this to me and is now happily cutting me out of her life.

Does anyone, especially girls, have ANY clue what the fuck has happened here??? Because i am completely at a loss!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hope no girls come and yell at me for saying this but, if it had been me, it'd probably have been the ole hormones and in about 10 days I'd desperately want to be firends again without having to explain or ever mention the outburst EVER. lol

However, I had a friend tell me that he wouldn't be my friend any more because I fancied him (which I never had- was completely crazy) and he has barely spoken two words to me in the past five years. That hurt like crazy for fucking ages.

Anyway, dunno - weird, sometimes people really are weird.
    I dunno why, but if someone said:

"Well, she may piss you off now, but you will miss her when you go to uni in a couple of weeks, you do love her after all."

to me, I might get pissed off too for the same reasons she said! I dunno, I just don't like people telling me how I feel. But it would probably be pissiness on my part more than anything. Depends on the personality and the mood I guess!
    She's just being a woman. :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    She's just being a woman. :p

Exactly.

The female mind, it's a fucked up thing.
    katralla wrote: »
    I hope no girls come and yell at me for saying this but, if it had been me, it'd probably have been the ole hormones and in about 10 days I'd desperately want to be firends again without having to explain or ever mention the outburst EVER. lol

:yes: unfortunatly some girls are like this (me included lol!)

i tried to stay friends with my ex when we broke up (after being together nearly 3 years) and for a few weeks it was fine, but then i did what this girl has done to you, just suddenly stopped talkin to him...i dunno why really, just didnt want to talk to him anymore!
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Exactly.

The female mind, it's a fucked up thing.

I have to agree.
    I just feel so bad about it all. I've lost my best friend, for no reason at all i can see or understand and i just want to fix things and don't know how to! :(
    Bullseye wrote: »
    i just want to fix things and don't know how to! :(

leave her to it, thats the best thing you can do. let her have her strop and she'll calm down and probably contact you
    leave her to it, thats the best thing you can do. let her have her strop and she'll calm down and probably contact you

Do you think so? I hope she does, i dont want our friendship to end like this for no reason or at all actually.
    Do you think so? I hope she does, i dont want our friendship to end like this for no reason or at all actually.

if it was me and you left me to it, i would calm down, feel stupid, and then come back and probably pretend nothing had happened cos i'd be embarassed at how i'd acted!
    Well, she unblocked me out of the blue last night, and then made out the whole thing was my fault and i have a short temper and start fights even when she is trying to avoid them... completely amazing are girls! I just don't understand.

But i didnt argue, i really just wasnt in the mood to fight more so i let it go and hope things get better from now on.
    She sounds like a complete bitch. sorry:yeees:
    All girls wants to think there ex is still secretly in love with them. Even I like to think my ex isnt over me. its a way of making ourselves feel good about ourself. but i woudnt cut my friend out like that
    Is this the girl that shit on you from about 3000ft when you broke up, mate?
    Nah, this is an Ex from over a year ago! We just been friends for ages since!
    lol bullseye.. I've said this before so I feel a bit mean saying it again but you really do have such bitchy friends who then fuck you about one way or the other. Do you have many male friends?
    only like 3 or 4 proper good mates who are guys. Rest are all girl mates now i stop and think about it... i need to have a more testosterone based life dont i?
    only like 3 or 4 proper good mates who are guys. Rest are all girl mates now i stop and think about it... i need to have a more testosterone based life dont i?

Well it sounds like your female friends melt ya head so maybe yeh.. :p
    She might be a friend but she'll always be an ex too.

My ex gets like that now and again, blows hot and cold and can be beyond bitchy at me sometimes even though we're just mates nowadays. The worst thing you can do is go asking her what you've done wrong and stuff like a puppy dog, I used to do this and even after we "made up" it gave her a licence to go and act like that whenever she wanted.

Let her have her tantrum and leave her to it, when she's ready to act like a grown up and apologise then she'll come back.