Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Facebook friends

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    facebook is good for keeping in touch but equally there are some people on there i dont really want to keep in touch with lol, but overall tis worth it to see mad photos from mate's holidays/roadtrips etc and basically killing time at work!
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Same with LiveJournal too.

Now that's soemthing I've never understood. Seems a bit weird to me..
  • Options
    it's no different to keeping a blog really.
  • Options
    With a blog you don't get people who you used to hang out with at recess in 3rd grade and havn't talked to in a decade trying to stalk you. Or, oh mi god my boyfriend when I was 12 just added me to facebook, what does he want!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    i was replying to what Lipsy said about livejournal :p
  • Options
    it's no different to keeping a blog really.

I was talking about the 'friendship' networks people make there, with 2323526346 people, who they spend more time talking to than talking to people in real life.
  • Options
    I only have actual friends on facebook, don't see much point in adding randoms like some people do, especially as they can see all your info.
  • Options
    I think not going to uni is one of the main reasons I've never got a faceboook. My brother always asks me when he sees me when I'm going to get and always gets the answer of 'never'. I dont get faceparty either, and deleted my myspazz account because I got bored of it.

I quite like LJ though. Its a place to have a rarely updated blog (those of you who can see mine know what I mean) but I use it more to keep it touch with a few people. You can also be a lot more picky about who see your profile.entry compared to a lot of other networking sites.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    Would be cool if Facebook could separate your old schoolfriends network from current mates. Yeah it's cool FriendsReunited style to keep in touch and see where your old mates are now, but when I log in my news feed is full of what events schoolfriends in different towns/countries are going to, their holiday snaps, I couldn't care less, just want to see what my friends I'm currently seeing weekly are up to.

Did you know can alter your feed to specifically show news from your close friends? Tis particularly useful if you have loads of people added.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Did you know can alter your feed to specifically show news from your close friends? Tis particularly useful if you have loads of people added.
    Yeah true - I don't want to use that page to list people I want to see more/less off in case I leave myself logged in somewhere (which I do too often haha) and ppl see that, similarly I don't put people on Limited/Block as people could find out. What I find really useful is the "Top Friends" application, from my profile it's a click of a button to see what my 12 best mates are all up to.
  • Options
    everyone on mine is from work.
  • Options
    I found someone on facebook today who I really hope gets hit by a car!

Yea, it's an unhealthy thing, but arguably so is thesite. I've met only a few of you in real life - and even that is not like a 'natural' friendship where you meet someone and go through shared exeriences together.

I need a holiday :)
  • Options

:lol: I saw someone I hated at secondary school in Tescos last week, I really did feel like smacking her in the head with my shopping basket.

I really dont want people I used to go to school/college with track me down. I couldnt stand about 90% of them.
  • Options
    Oh, thanks a lot, ShyBoy. :(

:p