Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stressed about work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else worry about work on a regular basis? Does anyone love their job?

I'm really worried about my job tomorrow I have loads of stuff that needs to be done really urgently and i'm on really tight deadlines and I know its going to take me all morning to complete and it should be ready like now! I wish I didn't get nervous about work but its just the type of person I am! In a way its a good thing that the work has built up as my assistant who left ages ago hasn't been replaced yet and I obviously need the help especially at these busy times, so it serves them right if things are slipping!

It frustrates me that everything is falling on my shoulders and I constantly have to remind myself that I am not a bad worker but instead overworked being expected to complete the workload of two people and at the same rubbish rate of pay! I guess this is the same situation for people all over the world but it feels like such a depressing situation and leaves me feeling like i'm stuck in a total rut!

If I had the opportunity to change my career I think I would love to work in the lifesyle management industry, I am totally organised and love spending other peoples money!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    It frustrates me that everything is falling on my shoulders and I constantly have to remind myself that I am not a bad worker but instead overworked being expected to complete the workload of two people and at the same rubbish rate of pay! I guess this is the same situation for people all over the world but it feels like such a depressing situation and leaves me feeling like i'm stuck in a total rut!

talk to your line manager.
    I have done, I even raised it formally at a review but nothing has happened as yet!
    I have done, I even raised it formally at a review but nothing has happened as yet!

I did that reapeadtly in my old job when I was in exactly the same situation as you. I got so fed up of the lack of support and regonistion, despite working very hard for the company, that I left. That certainly shocked my managers. You have to keep asking for help, no matter how much of a pest you seem as stress can really affect you health.

I like my current temp job. Niceish bunch of people to work with and the job is fairly straightword. I have deadlines to keep to and enough work to keep me busy, but the lack of stress as responsability is bliss.
    If your workload is excessive then that is a health and safety issue, and you should be raising it as such. That should help nudge them in the right direction.

But if you're bing overworked maybe you should think about missing a deadline or two? If the work gets done then they won't do anything.
    Does anyone else worry about work on a regular basis?

Regularly.