Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

scottish highers.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i'm taking five this year and already i'm beginning to feel the pressure, having only been back a week and a half.

any advice on how to keep from falling behind? i'm so scared i'll end up getting moved down to int.2 or something.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Be super organised, especially when it comes to revising. I did 5 in my 5th year and it was tough, especially cause I didn't equally distribute my revision time, so I did loads of revision for English, but hardly any for Maths. And the results showed English = A1 (highest level of pass) Maths = C3....

Give yourself at least a couple of hours to do homework when you get home, organise that as well, and then you'll be on top of your homework.

But also remember to give yourself time to relax and enjoy life.

Highers are hard, but if you get them all this year (assuming your in 5th year) 6th year will be a doddle. Good luck!
  • Options
    Don't think this is really what you're after, but:

When I was doing A-Levels, we got told to do one hour at home for an hour we did in school and so on. Actually, this wasn't always the case - because we only had 4 hours of maths a week and were expected to do 6 hours at home, because we were meant to be being taught when Year 9s were or something and they couldn't teach both of us at the same time.
  • Options
    In our school you get free periods in which to do studying etc .. Is there not something like that at yours which you could take advantage of?? (mind you i only do 4 highers which affects the amount of free periods I've got) The other option is to do what I do .. Stay after school and get any homework done, that way you have evenings and weekends off. Doesn't suit everyone though!!! Good Luck!! :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yeah, the tricks are to be organised and keep up to date as much as possible. Use your time wisely too.