Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vodafone Contract.. Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, this is my first post, so hey :wave:

My vodafone contract is coming to an end, its a 12 month contract which started last september, so the 12 months are over in a few days.
Called them up to ask them not to renew the contract and they said i have to cancel it, by writing a letter with 30 days notice, but the 12 months end within 30 days :confused:

they said the address to write to is on the back of my first bill, i opted for online billing, <sarcasm> so what the guy on the phone said was really helpful </sarcasm>

cant find the address anywhere, can anyone help? :banghead:

and do i have to write a letter, are there any other ways?

thanks in advance :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    You migt be able to phone them up?
  • Options
    Have you tried going into a Vodafone shop?
  • Options
    I think what will happen is that you will have a 13th month and at the end of that the contract will end. Not 100% sure though.

That's a bit rubbish he's not given you the address though when I imagine it would be easy enough to find on his system.
  • Options
    I've never known for them to ask you to write a letter?

I phoned Tmobile up and they said oh we will give you this offer to stay with us and i simply said no thanks and the women said okay then Your contract will end in blah days

Stop The Payment remember :)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    I've never known for them to ask you to write a letter?

I haven't either.
  • Options
    Found this on the net doing a quick google,
    If you want to cancel you have to give 30 days notice in writing to:

Vodafone Disconnections

PO BOX 549

Banbury

OXON

OX17 3ZJ

I suggest using recorded post to avoid the "Didn't receive it reply".
  • Options
    I have had to cancel mine in the past week as well, that address is right! You have to include a letter with your account no./mobile phone number, name etc and you signature, obviously telling them to cancel the contract. I said to them just cancel the contract over the phone and they said no, i said can i cancel it by email and they said no, I forgot to ask about faxing...that is maybe an option, but due to the stupid rolling contract thing you do have to give them 30days notice. You can ask them to drop the line rental to the lowest possible...£20 or something like that!
  • Options
    Thanks for everyones help, i found out the address in the end, and thanks CoolMe :)

Ive written out the letter, and a friend of mine said that he called them up at the end of the 12 months, saying he sent the letter 30 days ago and heard nothing back (he didnt he was just bullsh*tting haha) and they said that they cant do anything more to help, so he said he will cancel the direct debit straight away, so the guy on the phone agreed and said that he will cancel within a week with no extra charges if he emailed him a copy of the letter.

so im gonna try that, if that fails, i will just send them the 30 days notice :)
  • Options
    Sound's like a plan!

Welcome to the Boards by the way :)
  • Options
    They cancelled it for me, the plan worked haha :)
  • Options
    who? wrote: »
    They cancelled it for me, the plan worked haha :)

Good to hear, i had to write a letter to "02 disconnections" when i wanted to cancel mine, had to include all sorts of info and my signature.

Aparently its for security.