Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair curlers/tongs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have shoulder length fine hair and want to give curling it a go, I don't know how it will go at the moment but I would like recommendations of good quality hair tongs that don't cost too much ( just in case I dont like it )

Comments

• Options
    oo i am looking for some good curling tongs too
  • Options
    Do you not have any hair straighteners you can use?
  • Options
    I do have GHD's but having read through the thread ages ago about how to use them to curl I got really confused ( I know I am dumb ) and gave it up as a bad job.
  • Options
    I do have GHD's but having read through the thread ages ago about how to use them to curl I got really confused ( I know I am dumb ) and gave it up as a bad job.

Yeah I think it's quite hard to do yourself. I tried a bit a go to see what it would look like but they were a bit all over the place!
  • Options
    I couldn't work out how to do it with my straighteners either, but in another thread someone posted this youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g85QkJncQeA

I found it much easier to do when I could see exactly how to do it/how it worked.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    I couldn't work out how to do it with my straighteners either, but in another thread someone posted this youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g85QkJncQeA

I found it much easier to do when I could see exactly how to do it/how it worked.

yeah I was going to post that, i found that video really useful as i could see how to do it.

not saying i can do it though, haha. the curls seem to just randomly go everywhere :s maybe one day i'll get the hang of it.
  • Options
    I have some curlers which are called urm let me go see

Remington Catwalk Curls.

I can curl my hair and other peoples hair with it really good, but some people struggle to use them; I don't get why though. They are pretty cheap too.

In fact here is a picture of me with my hair curly from using them curlers. Just ignore my happy smily face!