Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Second Hand Textbooks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Do you know of any sites that sell secondhand textbooks? I know about Amazon marketplace and Abe books but neither of them have the textbook I want. Unfortunately the stockists, Blackwells, is listing it as a "print to order" book :grump:

Alternatively if anyone has a copy of Phonological DevelopmentThe Origins of Language in the Child by Maralyn Vihman that they want to sell me ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    E-bay is your friend.
    Not in this case, already tried it!
    Is this not in off Amazon.co.uk ?

Here
    Yeah, it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery for it (presumably because it's print to order) but I was trying to see if I could get it a bit cheaper second hand (and on Amazon marketplace it's the same as the list price). If I can't I'll get it from the Blackwell's on the campus when I got back.
    WH Spliffs can deliver in 2-4 weeks

here

Or becuase I know your a demanding lady, you can buy from this place and have it delivered between 3-5 days. (although it does cost a few quid more)

Hope that helps
    £27! :eek:. Wow. I think I'll pay £18.98 from Waterstones instead!
    Thanks for looking though Cal :)

ETA it's written by the bloody lecturer as well, that always makes me suspicious! I think the admin woman at the department thinks that too, as she said something like "Ms Vihman has assured me that you will need to read at least 6 of the 9 chapters in this book."
    £27! :eek:. Wow. I think I'll pay £18.98 from Waterstones instead!
    Thanks for looking though Cal :)

ETA it's written by the bloody lecturer as well, that always makes me suspicious! I think the admin woman at the department thinks that too, as she said something like "Ms Vihman has assured me that you will need to read at least 6 of the 9 chapters in this book."

Your welcome. Most lecturers insist you buy their books, even if its only used minimally.
    Is this it? book
    :yes:
    Just get it out the library when you need it if I were you. With all those books on the list at uni (especially the ones written by the lecturer themselves), I guarantee you will never read all those chapters! I tended not to buy many books, and it was pretty pointless buying the ones I did, and now I'm stuck with them, as good as new! I have one on the development of language in children but not that one!
    There's only one copy in the library, about about 45 people doing the module! If it was a less popular module then I probably would just get it out of the library. Oh and it's in Key Texts, which means you can only take the book out for 4 hours at a time, which makes it slightly difficult!