Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Provional License

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 16, turned 16 in feb, i've been toying with the idea of getting some form of transport.

I was wondering if i get a provisional license can i get a CBT and buy something like a 50cc Aprilia RS 50...

Only thing is it is a 50cc bike not a 50cc scooter. 3 of my relatives have said a bike is safer than a scooter as it has larger brake discs and wheels.

anyway, anybody know the lowdown?

Comments

• Options
    Assymung that the rules are the same where you live you, you are allowed a 50cc bike, but that's the maximum you're allowed.
  • Options
    ok cool, as for the costs of everything, any info on how much a provisional and cbt cost? and if i get a year 2000 rs 50 my insurence would be £308.60

thats the lowest i got and its Third Party only, having never owned insurence for anything, is thata good price? the same place goes £1272 for full comprehensive but with something called Compulser Excess £100
  • Options
    Over here CBT can cost anything from £60-£80. No idea about full licence.
  • Options
    ok sweet. Cheers Sofie.

If anyone has any ideas on that insurence quote, please let me know.
  • Options
    hmmm ebike insurence is good, mines 140

it's NOT techniclly the engine size but aswell as the power output in KW which is the legal limit.

I don't have a CBT (excempt) but yes, DO NOT go aprilla apparently it's really really unreliable (this is from a reliable source of mine)
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure about bike quotes but try to get third party, fire and theft - at least thatta way you'll be covered if it gets knicked!

thirdparty fire and left is £1.2k with 480 compulsory, full is 1.4k with a 100 compulsory, so if i was going for middle i may as well go the whole way.

I've heard good things about the Aprilia bike... what's meant o be wrong with it?